Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Friday morning,I set my suitcase next to my snowboard on the wall, and grabbed a water for the road.  We all skipped school so we could get an early start. The car ride was only about an hour and a half, so I didn't need much. Izzie came over so that Joey didn't have to drive all around town. "You excited?" 

"Yeah, I'm pumped!" She said, while doing jumping jacks. I laughed and heard a honk outside. Joey hopped out of his suburban and helped us with the luggage and snowboards. We hopped in and our friends Winter and Colton were already in the car. Colton took shotgun and Winter was in the back. 

My phone buzzed and I looked down 

Cody: Be safe beautiful<3

Me: I will, see you Monday<3

"You guys ready to roll?" Joey said, while turning on the car. We all cheered in unison and laughed after. The car ride wasn't that bad, we played the lisense plate game and sang along to the radio. Before going up the mountain, we stopped at Starbucks and then proceeded to go to his cabin. 

We got up the mountain and into his cabin around noon. The girls took the biggest bedroom and the two boys took the two small bedrooms. We decided to go down to town square and go ice skating tonight then go boarding tommorrow morning. 

This was going to be a fun trip since I haven't hung with Winter or Colton in forever. They claim that they are just like best friends but I know secretly they love eachother. Winter was a short dirty blonde with big lips and hazel eyes. Colton had blonde shaggy hair and acted like a goofball. 

After unpacking, we went to go get pizza since It was like 3 now. "Can I have pepporoni and a rootbeer please?"

"Yes, that will be 5 dollars." I handed the guy my money and sat down with my number. I loved Big Bear, It was so pretty, I mean right outside the pizza place was huge trees covered in powdery white snow. 

After they all ordered we sat down at a long table and waited for our pizza. "We all haven't hungout in forever." Izzie said.

"I know." We all said in unison again and started to laugh. 

The pizza guy came back and handed us our pizza. I look over and see Winter with 2 slices with like meatballs and pineapple on it. I swear that girl could eat anything and not gain a pound. She caught me looking at her and started laughing really hard. After we ate, we went into the arcade and played games for a few hours. I felt like it was the old days, it was nice. 

When we left, Izzie slipped and fell, of course we all laughed really hard, including her.She was so clumsy that I couldn't believe she hadn't broken a bone since we got up here. We went back to the cabin, which was really homey inside. It had a huge fireplace with wood panels on the wall. It was three stories and the whole 3rd story was the master bedroom with two queen beds. We got on warmer clothes so we could go ice skating.

"You are gunna fall and im gunna laugh." Izzie said on the way to the rink. She knew I couldn't ice skate if my life depended on it. 

"I know, I know." I said looking down acting depressed. 

"Don't worry I am too." Winter said, putting her hand on my shoulder sarcastically. 

We got to the rink and thank god Cody wasn't here so I didn't have to get my skates in front of him. Sadly, I was a 9 and trust me it wasn't fun. I ordered my skates and tied up my huge feet. Izzie laughed at me and called me Bigfoot because her feet are like miniature. She has a size 5. 

I wobbled onto the ice and instantly fell on my ass. Izzie acted like she was gunna help me back up but pushed me back down and started to laugh. I laughed too just cause I fell for it, I knew she was gunna shove me back down. Colton was trying to impress Winter by doing some weird tricks. I was laughing at him cause he just thought he was so bad ass. 

After we skated and fell a lot, we went to this choclate factory place and got homemade hot chocolate. It was amazing. We all caught up and talked for like two hours at this little shop. I forgot how much they made me laugh and how well we all got along. I forgot how much I missed them. 

When we got back to the cabin, we all watched the breakfast club then went to bed. I woke up at like 3 because I was thirsty and realized that Winter wasn't in our room. I knew it. I caught Colton and her cuddling in his bed while walking to the kitchen. I got back into bed so I didn't lose any hours of sleep. Tomorrow I was planning on boarding all day. 

The aroaming smell of bacon hit my nose around 9, and I ran into the kitchen. Joey, being a gentlemen, cooked us all breakfast burritos before getting on the slopes. 

"Thanks Joey boy." I said, slapping his butt jokingly. He just laughed and kept washing the dishes. 

We headed up to bear and made the guys deal with us jokingly sing to the newest Taylor Swift song. They acted like they hated it but we all know they knew ever single word. 

We got our lift tickets and headed up. We all separated once up there because the boys wanted to do the ramps and jumps where I just liked going down the hill fast and feeling the rush. We realized they were three of us but Izzie had already found a boy toy right when we hit the top of the mountain so it made it even.

As I went down the mountain in my pink puffy jacket and gray baggy ski pants, I felt so free and alive. I forgot how much fun It was and It kind of made me remember why I bought this expensive snowboard. 

After boarding for like 3 hours, we all met up at the lodge and ate lunch. I met Izzies new boy toy, Jesse, who worked at bear. He was pretty cute, dark brown hair with light blue eyes. They seemed to like each other so why not. "Wanna go back out?" 

"Sure." I said, finishing my fruit bowl. We went back out and Izzie decicded to go on the same slope as me so she followed. 

"Hey, Izzie" I heard a guy shout to my right. I looked over and my stomache dropped. 

"Oh hi Drake." I said looking up at a bright eyed Drake who I'm guessing knew Cody was not here. 

"Let's go down a slope togethor, we need to catch up?" He said kind of saying it like it was a question. I needed for him and Cody to get along so this was the first step. 

"Its gunna get dark soon because of the time change so maybe like once." I said not looking at him.

A smirk swiped him face," okay lets go." We went and hoped on the lift. 

"So hows that boyfriend doing?" 

"His name is Cody and he is fine." I said, on the very edge of the seat, as far from Drake as possibly. Izzie and Jesse were behind us probally macking or something.

"I don't think he is good for you, Haley, I've known you for a long time and I just don't want you to get involved with a bad guy who is gunna hurt you." 

"He would never hurt me." Except for when I bring up his scars and his dead parents, "He is not the bad guy here, you are Drake." giving him a glare, he was pissing me off. 

"I'm the bad guy? He is the one who has a temper problems." He said through his teeth. 

"Just shut up." 

"Haley, Can we please still be friends, I miss you." He put his hand on my thigh and hit it off. 

"I don't know Drake. I really like Cody and obviously you are trying to stop us from being together." The lift was about to end and we hopped off and started down the mountain. 

"Haley! Wake up! Haley!" I heard Drake yelling blurry in the background. "Call 911!"

"Haley, get up! Haley!" I hear Izzie cry. "Fuck she is not waking up."