Chapter Twenty One

Happy Easter! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! love you all! xoxo

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

I ran down my staircase in tears, as I heard Cody slam my front door. I ran out front barefoot and realized it was pouring. "Cody please!" I screamed running up to him.

"Do you love him more than me? because if you do just please break up with me now." he said not looking at me in the eye.

"Cody I love you. He is just something in the past. I'm just so confused. Please just don't leave me here alone." I said holding his muscular arm, drenched head to toe.

"This isn't me Haley. This doesn't fucking happen to me. I'm a dick player who uses girls then dumps them. Then you came along and made me just feel different." He raised his voice.

"Then leave. Go be a player Cody! If I fucked up your player rep! Just fucking go!" I screamed into a cry. He looked up at the rain then wiped his face.

"Fuck Haley! You know I can't do that. I love you."

"If you loved me so much then why don't you trust that I don't love Julian anymore." I said wiping the running mascara.

"because maybe I need to let you love him. I'm not what you think Haley. I have a fucked up life and you don't deserve to be involved in it." He said with his fists clenched. "Julian would probably be a lot better for you."

"Cody, no. I love you for you. I don't care about the past this is now. and right now I love you." I said shaking. He grabbed my neck pulling me into a kiss. We stopped and just heard the breathing between us. The rain was silent and I could feel my heart beat pounding throughout my body.

"I need to go." He turned and headed for his car.

"No Cody. Please no. Don't leave me." I grabbed his arm. "Please."

He turned and looked at me with such sorrow in his eyes. I mouthed don't go and he swiftly turned and got into his car. He sped away and I was left in the rain alone.

I grabbed my knees and let the rain soak me. I cried silently and just heard the blissful rain hit the ground. How could he just leave me here. I thought he loved me. I heard the thunder crack and a flash of lightning took over the night sky.

I ran into the house and grabbed my phone. *5 missed calls from Julian*I cringed to the sight of that contact name. I deleted my history and called Izzie.

"Hello?" I couldn't even talk past my sudden breathes for air. "What's wrong?"

"please come over." The call ended. I knew she would take about 5 minutes so I went and changed into warm clothes and wiped off my makeup. Izzie stormed into my room really worried.

"What happened." Izzie said, wrapping her arms around me.

"Cody came over and long story short he left me in the rain. I think he broke up with me." I cried into Izzies shoulder. Izzie grabbed her phone and called Jessie.

~*Izzies POV*~

My phone rang for a second then I heard Jessie. "Hey babe."

"Can you go see if Cody is okay. He just left Haley in the rain and they might have broke up. Just go see whats up?" I said, looking over at Haley crying into her pillow.

"Yeah, I'll head over there. I call you if I get anything."

"okay love you" I hung up the phone and looked to see Haley devastated. I grabbed a warm blanket and wrapped her in it. I ran down to the kitchen and made some popcorn and hot chocolate.

~*Haleys POV*~

Izzie slept over and we watched This is 40. She tried to get my mind off of Cody but it wasn't working. I could only think about that last kiss we shared or how he just drove away.

"Jessie's calling." Izzie looked at me and said hello. They talked for about 5 minutes outside my door. Izzie came back in.

"Jessie said that he's gone but that he is probably up on signal hill. I guess he goes there to think." I looked at Izzie and hopped up throwing on some pants and a big sweatshirt. "Haley don't go, it's like midnight. Just let him think."

I sat down and began to sob again. I truly understand when people say that their heart is broken. Not like a middle school 2 week relationship heart broken. A true love that was separated because one was not selfish enough to keep the other. The kind of love that shows how much you would or could do for another person. Even though Cody thinks that he only needs me, I was damn sure I needed him. I physically felt my heart ache and my stomache was full of black butterflys. My heart was broken into two and the only one who could fix it was the one who broke it.