Chapter Twenty Four

Pleeeeeasseee vote comment and fan<3 Love all my readers! xoxo olivia

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

We pulled up to Signal Hill and Cody parked back wards so we could sit in the bed of his truck and look over the city. I crawled up close between his legs and layed my head on his warm shoulder. I let my eyes rest and felt his breathing going up and down. "Isn't this cool?" Cody whispered as I was falling asleep. 

"Yeah I love it. Thank you for bringing me here." I looked up and he smiled at me then wandered his eyes back onto the gazing city. Even though it was loud because of all the cars, people, and music, it was a muting sound. I turned to face Cody and I usually look at his incredibly jaw line, perfectly toned arms, and glossy sweet green eyes. Right now I was looking a lot past that, I was looking at his unforgiving conscious that eats at him, his stubbornness and how he always blocks me out, and his eyes that have seen something that shouldn't have. I set my hand on his knee and rubbed light circles. " Why do you come here?" 

"Usually to get away. I had a place just like this in Vegas. The loud silence just clears my mind and I look at situations or desions a different way." his jaw clenched after he let out a big yawn. 

"to get away from what?" I looked into his green eyes and they began to sulk. He looked down breaking our eye contact. 

"The past." His voice was stern and he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"I try to run from my past but it always comes back into my face. I try to run from the fact that I use to have to be perfect and went to every extent to be that because the guy I loved, when at least I thought I loved, made me feel that being a twig with a thigh gap and flat stomache was the only thing considered pretty. I try to run from the pressure to be just as successful and caring as my sister is. " I started to cry, warm tears that slipped down my face. " I try to ignore and sprint away from the fact that my dad could give a shit about me and won't even send me one letter to see how I am doing. How would you feel as a 10 year old, having your mom tell you your dad was gunna come and see you and wait outside for 7 hours on your birthday and have him never show up." I sobbed and Cody grabbed me. I tried to catch my breath and Cody shooshed me while combing his fingers slowly through my hair. 

"I'm so sorry baby." He pulled me back so I was facing him. He had both of his huge hands on either side of my face, every once in a while taking his finger and swiping a tear away. 

"I try to run but eventually I get tired." He pulled my head to his chest and I grabbed onto his shirt quietly shedding tears. We sat like this for about 20 minutes and I pulled back with swollen eyes.

"I love you and you know that. You don't need to be perfect for me because you already are." Before he could say anything else I leaned in to kiss him. He grabbed the back of my head pushing me into him. I have kissed many people before and with Cody, I feel like I am at peace and nothing else matters. 

~*Codys POV*~

As her tongue slipped into my mouth, I felt the pain of everything she just told me in her kiss. It broke my heart to see her pour her heart out to me. I felt her pull on my wrist and so I scooted forward still kissing her and I could feel her hand guiding down my scars. I didn't lash out because I knew this was her expressing her pain to me. I stopped and pulled back, immediately she let go of my scars. "I love you so much, i hope you know that." She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and hugged me tight. I grabbed her with both of my arms and hugged back tighter. I stroked her blonde hair that went what it seemed like forever. 

"Hey Cody?" She startled me after practically falling asleep in my arms. She turned her head which was on my lap, looking up at me with those mysterious blue eyes.