Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

The past few days have been wonderful, Cody has been wonderful. I keep feeling better each day and even can walk around easily now. I keep having flashback right before I crashed and how Drake was saying that Cody has anger issues. Maybe Cody does have anger problems but it is just built up from whatever those scars are from. I try to rub them while we lay together but he just notices what I am doing and will pull down his sleeve.

I get up and head down stairs with a blanket wrapped around me. It was around 9 and my mom had already left for work. I saw a note on the counter that read, "Hope you feel better sweetie. Here's 20 bucks, get yourself a pizza there is a bagel in the pantry if you get up early. Love you xoxo Momma" I grabbed the note and headed for the pantry. I opened it and just stared at the bagels. I was so over bagels. I had them like everyday. I shut the door and just got some orange juice from the fridge. I head up stairs and fell back asleep for awhile.

I woke up, to a startling sound coming from downstairs. I heard a low mans voice cuss and I start to get scared. I get up, still sore, and grab my old softball bat from under my bed. I head down stairs and just hear constant cuss words. I put my back up next to the door by the kitchen. I slam the door open and hold my bat up ready to hit. "Whoa. Whoa. Put the bat down Haley!"

"What the Hell Cody! You scared the living shit out of me!" I said, puting the bat down by my side.

"Sorry, I was trying to cook you breakfast but then this pan fell on my toe and it really hurt." He said holding his toe.

"Awe, you were gunna make me breakfast?" I said, coming up and poking his stomache, which was rock hard, and teasing him.

He blushed and said, "well now its no surprise. How about you go into the living room and watch some chick flick while I make you some breakfast?"

I leaned in to kiss him and he shooed me out with his hand jokily. I went over to the couch and sat down. I turned on Mean Girls which was on MTV while he attempted to cook us breakfast. I hear him say the f word repeatedly and went to check on him.

He left his hand cloth on the burning stove, causing smoke. "What the fuck are you doing?" I scream while the eggs turned black and the bacon stunk. I went and turned off the stove.

"I can fucking do it Haley!" He yelled and I pushed him and started to fan away the smoke and simultaneously the fire alarm went off.

"Obviously you can't Cody!" I ran down to the garage and typed in the code, notifying that the fire department should not come. I walked back in and saw Cody still fanning it.

"Great going dipshit!" I said, kind of pissed but still kidding. He came over and kissed me right on the lips. I pushed him away and he kind of looked confused.

"You're hot when you're mad." He grabbed some flour and poked it into my face.

"That's what you say to all the girls..." I said, grabbing some flour and revengely flicking it in his face.

"You're my only girl baby." He shook his head, trying to get the powder off and I notice his dirty blonde hair moving side to side. He pulls me in, hands on my lower waist, and kisses my forehead. I step back and look at him.  

"How many girls have you dated?" I was hoping he would just say like 10 but I know he wasn't.

"Does is matter?" He turned around and started to wash the burnt up dishes.

"Uh yeah it does, I have dated aproximately 6 boys." I looked up and smirked at him. I had my hand on my hip waiting for his remark.

Before I could say anything, he sweeped me off my feet and threw me over his shoulder. He knew I was still sore so he did it gently. I hate being picked up, it makes me feel fat. He ran up stairs, still holding me, and slowly set me down. My hand went down his neck and swiped his chest and down to his abs. I looked up and punched him, "I hate being picked up!" He just laughed and walked over to my door.

"Dated or been in love with?" He swiftly turned and looked me dead in the eye.

"In love with."

"Two." He came closer.

"Who was your first love?" I looked up and he seemed to be lost in his thought but in a good way.

"Mandie Pendleton. We were only 15 and we would always sneak out and watch the cars on this highway by our houses. I remember she had long brown hair and she would always braid it because it was so damn curly." He looked up while he talked and laughed through words.

"Why did you guys break up?" I stood up and put my head on his shoulder.

"She moved to Mississippi but we knew that we were each others first loves. You never forget your first love because they made you feel real and you for the first time ever. I had been with other girls but Mandie was so down to earth and loved life. She reminds me of you." He looked down, planting a soft kiss on me. "What about you?"

"I've been in love once." I walked over to my bed and started to laugh. 

"Please don't tell me it's Drake." He looked up with his eyebrows up looking desperately for me to say no. I started to laugh and he just kept looking worried.

"No, Drake and I have not even dated. He was just my little boy toy in middle school. Back when he was cool and before he got into partying." I looked up and he was trying not to laugh. "What!?" I said laughing.

"You guys didn't even date? Damn, He is a liar. I bet he was just trying to piss me off." He hopped on my bed and stretched his muscular arms up. 

"What do you mean?" I looked up and he calmly tucked my hair behind my ear.

"He is just a douche. Well, since we are doing this question thingy you started." He put his hand on his chin and rubbed it sarcastically. "Whats the most worst thing you've done?" 

"Worst thing.... hmmmmm." I started to laugh "Define worst." 

"What im trying to say is.... Whats the most naughty thing little miss Haley has done?" He looked at me with this smirk on his face and one eyebrow up. 

"I played strip poker." I whispered. He just looked at me and bursted out laughing. "Stop!" I said chuckling and shoving him off my bed. 

"Strip poker?" He kept on laughing, "Haley you are gunna kill me. THATS the worst thing you've done?" 

"Well, let's just say I'm really bad at poker." He stop laughing and got up. He hopped back on the bed and grabbed my waist. 

"I say we play some strip poker." He started to kiss me neck and I started to laugh and shoved his head off. 

"Whats the worst or should I say naughtiest, thing you've done?" I looked at him. kind of scared for the answer. 

"Oh Haley, trust me you wouldn't want to know the naughtiest thing, Cody Cunningham, has done." He stood up and flexed his muscles, making me laugh. 

"Oh yes I do." I stood up, his body towering over mine, and with every word I poked his chest. 

"Oh no you do not." He picked me up bridal style and threw me on my bed. It kind of hurt so I held onto my ribs. "Oh shit baby I'm sorry." 

"Its okay....Now tell me." I started to laugh.

"Okay fine. I well had to fill in for a friend at this casino one time." I looked up my eyes wide open. I bursted out laughing and it hurt but I didn't care. 

"You were a stripper!?!" I couldn't even breathe. 

"Remember I lived in Vegas! and it was for one night!" He grabbed me and I was just looking up at his flawless face. 

"You were a stripp.." He shut me up with a kiss and we both started to laugh while we kissed. He pulled back and I looked into his now light green eyes. 

"You have the prettiest eyes Haley." We must of just been thinking of the same thing. He kissed me some more and then I got up and put in a movie. We watched 21 jump street. Which in my opinion, is probably one of the most funny movies. 

We sat togethor on my tiny bed as the sunset drifted into my window. He had his arm around me and he kept fidling with my hair. His other arm was laid across his lap and I kept holding his hand making sure I didn't look at his scars because right now was just so perfect. Just me, him, and the leaking sunset which slowly drifted away into the night. Just simply perfect. He was perfect. We were perfect.