12 - Confession

My heart was beating faster. Hope it works this time. We entered the door.

There was a very wide and beautiful meadow in front of us. So pretty. The light emitted from the stalactites glowed much brighter than the light from the previous caves. There was a thin veil of fog covering the meadow.

"Hallucinatory fog! They will get thicker and make us hallucinate. Ignore the voices or anyone you see except the seven of us. Even if the person you love is dead remember he's not real!" I say loud. Makes everything tense.

Before long, the fog around us began to gradually become thicker. "Step up, create a barrier!" Arthur shouted at all of us. The fog grew thicker and obscured all of us.

"Damn it! I heard the voice of my dead mother" Reginald said from beside me.

"Ignore it, stay focused! There are only seven of us here!" Arthur said. "Jasmine can you make this mist disappear with wind magic?" Arthur asked again.

"I'll try to make a way!" A whirlwind was created in front of us. And there were vines that had not been there before. The plant was moving towards us like the tentacles of an octopus.

We all fought the vines that were trying to attack us. Lucas, Reginald, and Brald used fire magic but the plant didn't burn. Jasmine Elijah Arthur and I tried to cut the plant, which was useless because a new plant appeared. I focused myself on finding his body using the wind mana on the road ahead.

"Save your mana, he can't be destroyed! Find his body! Looks like this is an Elderwood Guardian!" Arthur said which made everyone gasp.

Elijah who was casting a spell canceled the spell.

But not for Lucas. He finished his spell and spit out a red hot liquid from his wand.

Everyone jumped back to dodge Lucas' attack. I could see Lucas' face was pale as sweat ran down his neck. This spell had consumed all of his mana.

The vines scorched for a moment before the mist brought him back to life. Mist gathered around the scorched plants. Makes our vision clear for a moment. Where's the body? It won't be finished if we don't find his body!

And see what I was looking for. Standing over twenty meters tall, high above our heads was an enormous Mana Beast. With a humanoid structure that oddly resembled a centaur, it towered over us like a huge building. Its body is made up of vines. Two green eyes stared at us, filled with hostility.

I gulped, staring at this hideous figure, even imagining it from a book was terrifying. What's more, I faced it head-on.

"Run! Everyone run!" Brald said knowing it was a mana beast that we wouldn't be able to fight.

The mana beast suddenly roared horribly giving me goosebumps with incomparable fear. Its green eyes turned a menacing red and the tendrils that formed its body turned into a tsunami of vines, destroying everything in its path on its way to us.

"HA HA HA!" Brald's insane laughter faded as waves of vines devoured his body. He was at the very front along with Reginald. They were both swept away by the vines.

All I saw was Elijah, Arthur and I. I saw Jasmine at the end of the cave lying helplessly. Damn Lucas!

"Arthur phase 2. Now!" Shout loudly!