13 - Confession (2)

POV : Alanna Roses

I think it's about time Arthur knew it all. He had to know what he was going to face in the future. And honestly I'm tired of carrying this all alone. The deaths of our previous party members left me deeply shaken. I don't want the future to be as bad as what I'm about to face.

As long as I told him everything Arthur just silently listened to me. I don't know what he was thinking. Until when I was discussing anyone who reincarnated into this world Arthur started to get restless, he walked back and forth holding his hand. His face looked pale.

I continued to talk about who was about to die. In detail. How death is described clearly from the books I read. I noticed Arthur's body was shaking. He looked at the ground. His hands were clenched at his side. I told the story until Tess died at his hands. But not telling if it made him get rid of his emotions.

Suddenly something dripped from his hand. Wait, is that blood?

"Arthur!" I jumped at him and sat next to him. Trying to heal his injured hand from his grip so hard. His body shook violently. He wept silently while looking at his hand which I had healed. My heart hurts to see him like this.

'Mama, what happened to Papa? Why can't I reach him?' Sylvie said in my head.

'It's okay Sylv. Dont worry. Wait a little longer, okay? We'll call you later.' I answered in a worried tone.

Is Arthur currently hiding his emotions?
No! He can't do that. Watching him cry silently, I hugged him.

"I'm sorry Arthur, I'm sorry. It hasn't happened yet. No, it won't happen. We will both prevent that from happening okay? I promise you it won't happen. So please be strong. Be stronger" I said as I followed along cry. My heart really hurts right now.

I let go of my hand and looked at him and wiped his tears. There's something important I haven't told him. The key to our victory. He must know this. He had to listen to me again.

"Be strong, I know you are stronger than this. We can get through this. And I have something important to tell you next." I said looking into his red eyes.

He nodded with a trembling voice then said "Continue" He said quietly.

I told how the war went. Arthur's white core and Sylvia's message to him. It was the betrayal of Tess' parents to save Tess which caused us to lose the war and many of the citizens of Dicathen died. Evacuate to a hidden valley underground and save the remaining citizens of Dicathen. Then it was time for the fight with Nico and Cadell.

"Arthur tried to fight them, but they were both so strong. And..." I fell silent, unable to continue. The thought of losing Sylvie was painful for me.

"And?" Arthur said turning to face me.

"I'm just... Confused whether to tell you this or not." I said looking at the ground. "You will become very strong because of this, which I think can surpass even Agrona and the Asura clan, but..." I shook my head. The scene of Slyvie disappearing and how frustrated Arthur was losing Sylvie and his broken mana core left me speechless. How miserable it must have been for Arthur to cry alone on a foreign continent, if it weren't for Regis he would have gone insane.

Arthur lifted my face and wiped my tears with his fingers. "In any case, I will find a way to become strong. So please continue." He said with eyes that shone with conviction.

I looked at him. See the confidence in his eyes. Yes he is right. The price of losing Sylvie wasn't worth the power he gained. Surely we'll find another way for Arthur to learn what the art of Ether is.