41 - Hope and Courage

POV : Arthur Leywin

"Are you ready?" I glanced to my side while extending my hand. Staring at Ross who was looking at the portal in front of her. She turned her gaze to me then nodded and smiled. She also took my hand.

We stepped into the portal.

While passing through the portal, all my senses are alert. I looked around me, where the cypress trees stood very tall and stood very close together, without the slightest gap. The afternoon sun shines through every crack in the pine tree.

Regis jumped off my body then spun forward and looking around. Be aware of what is to come.

I closed my eyes then activated Sylvia's second phase. Upon entering Realmheart I circulated my entire aura throughout this place. Detects the aura or mana that exists for anyone's presence in this place. A place where monsters can attack at any time, in the depths of the forest, in depths of the beast glades.

I glanced behind me, Ross was standing with her back to me, protecting my back, she was as alert as I was, and right now she was gripping her sword tightly. Purple light shone on h sword.

We are waiting. Waiting for anyone who will respond to the invitation we give.

Suddenly, a black light, in the shape of a bullet, appeared from behind the trees. Gliding very fast towards us. And in an instant the black light hit the protective barrier that Ross had created.

Several lights reappeared hitting from various directions, I poured Aether into my right hand then the Aether sword appeared in my hand. With my Amestyhst beam I blocked the black light that kept coming, while waiting for whoever would issue this attack.

Still in the Realmheart phase, I walked forward, several bullets hit my body and only disappeared when they hit me, with a hissing sound. The ground beneath me shattered as I spit out my intent which I injected Aether's intent into. The air seemed to be distorted around me.

Holding my breath, I collect all the mana in the air, collect it, then make it evaporate, making the temperature of the air around me drop and feel very dry. Ice even formed from every step I took.

I glanced at Ross, worried that my Aetheric intent was affecting her, but apparently not, there were several black flames that were launched at her, but she easily deflected them with her sword.

Then suddenly something shot towards me, I quickly blocked the attack. Along with the collision dust and wind formed around us. While the effects had yet to wear off, my assailant aimed his fist at my stomach, and his longsword, which glowed white because it was made of pure mana, aimed it at my neck. I made a God step and appeared behind him and aimed my Aether sword at where his shoulder was, but my sword hit the protective barrier above his body. The barrier was made of mana that glowed in the dark night. I felt a stab in my ribs, when I averted my gaze I saw a thin dagger pierce him, I smiled then by focusing a little Aether onto one of my runes, I activated my Armor.

Then suddenly something shot towards me, I quickly blocked the attack. Along with the collision dust and wind formed around us. While the effects had yet to wear off, my assailant aimed her fist at my stomach, and her longsword, which glowed white because it was made of pure mana, aimed it at my neck. I made a God step and appeared behind her and aimed my Aether sword at where her shoulder was, but my sword hit the protective barrier above her body. The barrier was made of mana that glowed in the dark night. I felt a stab in my ribs, when I averted my gaze I saw a thin dagger pierce her, I smiled then by focusing a little Aether onto one of my runes, I activated my Armor.

Glowing golden runes appeared in the dark, then from my skin emerged small black scales that stuck to my body, covering my entire body. Gold glittered between the scales, flowing along the body like shining veins. My armor continued to take shape, covering my entire body with its smooth black side, covering my throat, chin, and sides of my head and obsidian horns formed over it, sprouting from my armor.