🎶 35 - You Fade Internally

⬆️⬆️⬆️
Please play that song.
Play online in google chrome or anything else.
(Song : I Just Couldn't Save You Tonight by Ardhito Pramono ft. Aurelie Moeremans)

Happy Reading!

********************

"Happiness doesn't use your logic, but use your heart."

********************

POV : Alanna Roses

Dark.
Everything is dark.
Even the pain that I previously felt, was not felt right now.

Where am I?

Oh I know.
I remember what I just experienced.
What just happened.

And a thought crossed my mind.

When you know you are going to die, what do you think at the first time?

Maybe many thoughts will cross your mind.

Are complicated thoughts like,
Ah, how the people I left behind, will they be fine without me?

Or simple thoughts like,
Ah, I haven't finished my homework yet.

And as darkness enveloped me, strangely only one thing crossed my mind.

Is my struggle enough to make him happy in this world?

********************

POV : Arthur Leywin

When crossing the portal I created, I was greeted with dust, smoke, and hot air. The mist of the Elshire forest was even covered by the smoke around me and made it even more difficult to see. I conjured wind mana and then spread it around.

And the view in front of me more clearly. Chaos is a right description. Corpses from both sides lay everywhere, weapons of war, fire that burns many things, shards of ice, puddles of water, and as far as I can see the whole ground is flat with no trees on it.

I'm sure, a big battle is going on here. But where are the remaining people?

And where is she?

Panic overcame me, I flipped a few corpses around me looking for someone I believe was here a moment ago. and I winced when I found the lifeless bodies of some of the soldiers I had occasionally passed by.

'I can't find it around here' Regis said from my mind.

'Sylv how?' I asked Sylvie. They spread out looking for Tess and Ross just after exiting the portal.

'I feel a little bit of Mama's mana signature here, but it feels so thin' Sylvie said. Sylvie's emotions welled up in me, and when she could feel Ross's mana signature, her frustration that had been running through from earlier, was now a little less.

I sighed. At least Ross was alive. She might still be here fighting whoever was behind this. I'm pretty sure she's strong enough to face it. And what I'm worried right now is Tess. If the enemy gets her, I won't forgive myself. All bitterness will repeat itself. And my guilt towards Tess will surely pile up. So I have to find her quickly.

Me, Sylvie, and Regis continued to search for the figure of the gunmetal haired girl.

Suddenly the communication artifact, which Grandpa gave specially for lance, rang, I took it and then with a little mana I activated it.

"Arthur!" Grandpa said loudly. The artifact can only make sound, it can't show the face of the person we are talking to. But from his voice I could tell that Grandpa sounded panicked.