Chapter Twenty Seven

If there was one thing that would automatically make Lupin love and hate a day would be knowing Severus would come to Grimmauld Place.

After all the tragedy from the end of the Tournament, the Order of the Fenix was much more than a couple of nostalgic pictures they kept at home, it was a necessity. Sirius certainly loved the idea of turning his place in their headquarters, finally bringing a noble meaning to it, erasing so much of the shameful things that his family said within those walls. Remus also liked the idea, happy to see the Weasleys more often among with Mad-Eye.

That afternoon, Snape couldn't be more displeased to come to report what he had been picking up on the Death Eater's side. He knew everybody would be there eventually, even Potter and his insufferable friends. He greeted Molly on his way to the office they would hold their meeting, she was possibly the only person who actually liked talking to him there. She was just too kind to exist, he thought every time she asked if he would stay for dinner.

"Thank you, I'm just passing by" he'd always reply

Sometimes, when he didn't look so grumpy, Mrs. Weasley would get him something to bring back home. He always accepted, her generosity was so fierce he didn't dare say no to her. The food was always the best thing he ate in weeks and she seemed pleased to be able to care for the ones around her.

It was a pain to reach the office and find Remus and Sirius sitting side by side, the proximity they had in touch was a sorrowed thing for him to bear. Although they never spoke of it, Remus would keep a little distance from Sirius when Severus was around, mostly out of respect since everybody knew Sirius and Remus would hug and nap together all the time. Snape appreciated that act of courtesy but didn't change the fact he'd stumble on them with their arms casually around each other. The fact it was mostly unintentional and unconscious by now made it all even more heartbreaking.

Remus skipped a heartbeat when he saw Severus by the door, soon saying hello and moving fast away from Sirius.

"Evening Snape, I hope you have some good news for us, for a change" Sirius said rather annoyed for the situation, not liking a person can be very tiring

"That will depend on how well we are going in detecting who turned the trophy into the portal" Snape replied, referring to their part in this investigation

"I believe I am to blame for that one, doesn't matter what I do, it was charmed to serve as a portal only a few times. After the incident it erased a great deal of the traits I'd look for" Lupin said, finally entering the conversation.

Mad-Eye joined them only a few minutes afterward and soon Mr. Weasley came in, giving some news on how the ministry of magic was handling everything. That meeting was rather productive and equally stressful. It was tough to create boundaries on how much each one could compromise and put themselves into dangerous situations. Surprisingly enough, Snape always assumed more risks than anyone would ever anticipate. They trusted him, but sometimes even Sirius seemed to be uneasy about it.

"Let me get this straight Snape, you're telling me you want to go there? The graveyard? During a blood moon or whatever dark wizards call it? I know you want to help but you will be of no use if you're dead you know that right?" Sirius said enerved

"Touching to see you care about my integrity, Black" Snape scoffed

"Oh you're always welcome" he said sarcastically in return

"Wait the blood moon is a full moon right? I could go transformed and make sure no one is around" Lupin said almost as if he was thinking out loud

There was some silence in the room, even Mr. Weasley seemed a little bit uncomfortable with it. Severus and Sirius exchanged concerned looks. It was the first time Remus suggested something that could use his lycanthropy as a weapon. Willingly. They had both mixed feelings about it.