Chapter Ten

All the students seemed to be terrified and fascinated by the fact that Siris Black had been seen in a location not so far away from Hogwarts. Lupin had mixed feelings about it, of course. In a way, he knew the right thing to do was to advise Harry not to go searching for him. Although Lupin wanted to believed in his innocence, everything about the murder of his best friends was wrapped in a thick haze of uncertainties and he couldn't be sure of anything.

Still, late at night, Lupin found himself on the astronomy tower thinking of his long-gone friends and how much he'd love to see Sirius again. The werewolf almost felt a certain obligation to go out there and help him the way he could. Sirius was a fugitive and Azkaban did no favors on preserving people's integrity, he was probably hungry and cold somewhere. Remus was sure that if James had seen the news, he would be out there already. However, he respected his limitations on being overly heroic since he couldn't displease the people who gave him a chance to be a teacher at Hogwarts and Wolfsbane every month.

Now remembering the full moon would be in a week, he couldn't deviate his thoughts from Severus. He would most likely break up with him if he helped Sirius. It was all very fast between them and although things were going well once again, they still hadn't given a name to their relationship. They also didn't say those three words, although Remus could sense them on Severus' dark eyes on many occasions.

Lupin was still intrigued about how Snape managed to hear his thoughts on some occasions. They both knew it wasn't on purpose but it didn't explain how it happened. Thinking about it, Remus started to be anxious once again about that matter. What if Severus heard his thoughts about willing to help Sirius?

The werewolf felt a shock travel his body and gripped the edge of the place he was leaning when he saw a silhouette with the corner of his eye.

"Good night, Remus. Didn't mean to startle you. I see this place is taken for tonight, carry on. Just don't stay too long, the staircase gets slippery" Dumbledore said in a friendly way, starting to turn around to leave

"Professor Dumbledore, I was about to get back to the castle. I just needed some fresh air" Remus said looking at the bright moon

"Oh yes, we all need it from time to time. How are the potions going, if I may ask? I trust Severus to be very skilled" Dumbledor said approaching him to look at the moon as well

"He is... We've been trying some additional potions as well. One to make me less unbearable when the wolf is agitated and another one for pain during the transformation" Remus answered

"I don't think anyone finds you less than perfectly pleasant in this school, Remus. And I have to add that in all the years I've been headmaster, I've never seen Professor Snape eating this frequently at the teacher's table" He old wizard said looking playfully at the other with the corner of his eyes

Lupin felt himself blush a little. Damn it, Dumbledore could be very sneaky when he wanted to. There never seemed to be anything he didn't know about at Hogwarts.

"How obvious is it?" Remus finally asked, this time cracking a smile

"Oh, to me? Clear as this moonlight. But you two have been concealing it well from the students and other teachers. Except for Minerva, of course" Dumbledore answered, still playfull

They spent some time just observing the moon and the stars. Dumbledor had this light presence that made him a great company for any kind of activity. Remus could imagine him having a nice time with a first-year student talking about a pet and also could easily picture him on a fierce chess match with some great wizard of his time. He just couldn't get bored at all.

After some time dwelling on their own thoughts, Lupin gathered his courage to ask Dumbledore about Legilimency. He probably could help him more than all the books in the library.