Chapter Fourteen

Remus was delighted to see Harry play Quidditch on the following day. It was a bit of a bummer to force himself to wake up, get dressed, and go all the way to the Great Hall to interact with the other teachers before the match. But maybe some fun was all he needed to get his feet on the ground again.

Once the Quaffle was launched into the air, all the players started to fly frenetically. This was the classic of the classics, Gryffindor against Slytherin. Wasn't the first time Lupin had watched Harry play but in this particular match, it was undeniable he had inherited his father's abilities. To be fair, Remus didn't remember James being this good when he was just in the third year.

Minerva was visibly proud of Potter as well, always looking cheerful when her team made bolt moves in the air. They celebrated together in every successful goal until Harry finally caught the Golden Snitch. Remus would never admit to himself but he had never been a fan of the Malfoy's and he was secretly extra thrilled to see Harry defeat him in the match. Maybe Remus was too polite to say he didn't like a student since they were mostly children, but it didn't matter, seeing Gryffindor win never lost its charm.

Lupin was aware Snape possibly missed the match for being awake until late hours the previous night. Or maybe he just wasn't much into the mood today, not being too enthusiastic for sports himself. Still, it was unusual for him not attending to a Slytherin match.

After the game, Remus took a moment to talk to Harry, simply to congratulate him. The boy was all over the place about their victory and Lupin let him enjoy it with his friends.

On his way back to the castle, Remus went to Severus' office to see if he was already there but found no sign of him. When inside, to see if he was further in, maybe catching something in a bookshelf, he noticed one of the drawers wasn't well closed. So he gave it a little push and went away.

Remus waited for the fuss to be over and knocked on Severus' bedroom door. Also receiving no answer. Only this time, this set an every eerie feeling on the werewolf. He was almost sure there was a candle lid inside. Severus was probably there but why wouldn't he come to see him?

Lupin insisted for a while, concerned Snape could be unwell. He knocked, called his name, said he was concerned, asked for the smallest sign, but nothing. Snape was clearly inside, was he mad at him? Why? Everything was so well just the night before.

Remus suddenly realized this was some unnecessary drama to him, they both knew he was tired, if Severus was so upset about anything, he could simply say so and spare him the exhaustion. Remus finally ran out of patience and tried to open the door, receiving a loud locking spell instantly in return.

"Oh, why are you so rude?!" Lupin said outside the door getting mad at Snape

He took one step away from the door and after confirming Snape wouldn't come out, he left.

On his way to his office, Remus started to rewind their previous conversations in his head to figure what could have made him be so harsh all of a sudden. This was a particularly touchy task since the full moon had been in less than two days and Lupin was always insecure about exposing himself like that. Both physically and emotionally. Did he say something so off-putting to Severus? He couldn't remember.

And yet, with all his insecurities, Remus was getting upset about the way Snape could be so rude sometimes. He had such a bad temper for his own touchy topics. It was infuriating how he really thought everyone had to simply understand when he was mad and rude out of the blue but had no patience at all for anybody that couldn't elaborate their emotions well. Like he could do that all the time.

Lupin could ramble on about it on his angry mind for hours, but he froze in place when he entered his classroom and saw his office door slightly open.