Chapter Three

The next two days went quite fast, all the teachers were busy correcting assignments and preparing tests. Lupin was up until very late at night so he could give the students their grades by Monday. He was grumpy and tired by the last one, glad it was over but with a massive headache.

He laid on his bed and things just went down the hill from that point, he didn't have to focus on anything anymore. The headache didn't get any better and other things came along. He was overly sensitive to everything, light, sound, and scent. Everything was making him irritated so with some wand movement, he made the room darker. He stayed there for a while, wishing he could fall asleep but the nausea was getting worse. It was the most annoying thing in the world to feel sick with the scent of absolutely ordinary items like ink from his desk or the lavender soap from the bathroom. This was torture.

About one hour later he heard a knock on his door, feeling it echo painfully on his skull. He didn't want to see anyone, it felt humiliating to expose how bad he was dealing with this.

"Not a good moment," Lupin said out loud to the person standing outside

Snape was standing on the other side of the thick wooden door with a fresh potion on his left hand. Lupin didn't show up to his classroom and although Snape wasn't too confident the werewolf wanted to see him all the time, it was unlike him to disappear from three meals straight. The image of him with purple lips from the cold refused to live the Slytherin's mind, so he decided to check on him.

"It's me, Remus, let me in. I have a potion for you" Snape said loud enough to be heard

Lupin hated the idea to let Snape see him like this. He wasn't a complete mess on clothing or personal hygiene but he probably looked like was about to cry.

"Just give me a minute," he said, reluctantly leaving his bed

He washed his face and opened the door for him, having chills to see the wizard he wanted to see for the whole weekend.

"You missed our appointment," Snape remarked

"I know, sorry. I had a headache" Lupin said letting Snape in

Snape glared at him in disbelief.

"What?" Lupin asked him frowning, feeling annoyance grow within hin

"After all we talked about, you are still trying to lie? I thought we were over this" Snape said sounding upset as he left the potion on Lupin's desk, a sharp glass sound coming from the impact

"I said it out of habit, as you can clearly see, I've had better days," Lupin said in the boundary of starting to be rude to him. He could handle Snape's ironies and manners most of the times, but he didn't need drama from somebody else now

Snape noticed the tone and turned around to look at him. How strange to see the oh-polite-Remus-Lupin using all his energy not to fight with him. He looked angry and without any patience.

"That's better. I'm sorry to inform you but due to this time in the semester with too much to correct, I couldn't make a potion to help you stabilize your mood. This one is a quick fix for tension, I would recommend half of the content on your current condition" Snape said sounding a bit guilty for not showing up with something better

"It's ok Severus, I was also very busy... In fact, I don't even know how you managed to have time for this one. Thank you... Do you mind leaving me alone now? I don't want to see anyone" he answered in a sincere and less irritated way, remembering that all that wasn't really him

"Drink it while I'm here, I want to see if you react well to it"

Snape got the potion once again and handed it to the other wizard. Lupin felt a scent come from his robes as he moved closer, it bothered him a little. When he opened the bottle he almost dropped it when the scent reached his nose. He quickly gave it back to Severus and rushed to his window, deciding the bathroom was too away from him. Lupin didn't know how he managed not to vomit, maybe the wind helped. When it passed slightly, Snape was by his side without his cloak and a bucket conjured in the floor in front of them.