two- strange

Sirens blared through the steamed streets, honking almost constantly. Business people scurried around while kids rushed past on their bikes. Aspen, Loki, and Thor stood on the sidewalk of downtown new york, watching a nursing home being demolished. Loki wore a black raven suit. Aspen dressed in whitewashed jeans and a grey v-neck blouse, covered by an emerald green blazer.  "I swear I left him right here." 

"Right here on the sidewalk or right there where the buildings' being demolished?" 

"Good plan," Aspen mumbled, receiving an eye roll from Loki. "How was I supposed to know? I can't see into the future. I'm not a witch." 

"Oh yeah?" Thor looked over to his brother, "Then why'd you dress like one."

"Hey!" Loki mumbled back, Aspen snickering beside him. "I can't believe you're alive! I saw you die!" Thor glanced at the brunette between him and Loki. "We saw you die!" Aspen looked to the ground as she crossed her arms, listening to the conversation. "We mourned you- We cried for you."

"I'm honored?"

"You damn well should be." Aspen snapped, looking up to the Raven-haired god beside her. She could see Loki's eyes soften at the tears pricking her own. He was about to speak when two giggling girls walked up to Thor. "Hi, would you mind taking a picture with us?" One of the two asked as Thor's face immediately lightened. "Oh, sure." Loki rolled his eyes once again when the girls giggled even louder. "You keep doing that, and they'll get stuck," Aspen commented, looking down at what midguardians called a phone. "Where did you get that?" Loki asked. 

"Swiped it from some woman's back pocket," Aspen stated, scrolling through the woman's photos. "Ew gross," She threw the phone. "What?" Loki questioned, seeing the broken cell phone cracked on the ground. "It was some mans'...private areas." Loki's eyes widened as he used his powers to make the phone turn to ash. "Disgusting." Aspen shivered, turning back to Thor. "Sorry to hear that Jane dumped you." The girl stated before walking away. "She didn't dump me, you know. I dumped her-It was a mutual dumping." Loki patted thor on the back when Aspen chuckled, "It was definitely not mutual."

 Thor shook his head, not wanting her to say anything else. "Remember? She dumped you to go off and study more about science. You and Bucky cried in your rooms for two weeks because he was dating Darcy when she went with Jane." Aspen laughed as Loki grinned, hearing her genuine laugh for the first time in years. 

"We need to start figuring out where he is. I-" They heard a wisping sound when they looked back to see orange wisps circling Loki's feet. "What are you doing?!" Aspen shouted, stepping farther away. 

"This isn't me," Loki answered, his eyes widening when he fell through the ground, a yelp echoing the streets. A business card was left in his place. "Loki," Thor whispered, tapping the card twice with Mljonir disguised as an umbrella. "It's a card, you big oaf," Aspen picked it up. 

177a Bleeker St

Thor and Aspen walked up to the ornate door. He knocked twice. The third time he and Aspen were surrounded by a room of relics and books. "Thor Odinson. Aspen Forsetidottir." The two turned to see a man with a cloak floating down from a window. Thor held out his umbrella, green surrounding Aspen's hand, ready to use her powers if she needed to. 

"God of thunder." The man looked to Aspen, "Goddess of intelligence." 

"You can put down the umbrella," Thor lowered Mljonir. "And your hand," The green ceased from Aspen's palm as she slipped her hands back into her jean pockets. An umbrella stand appeared beside Thor, placing Mljonir in it. He and Aspen were suddenly standing in another room. They turned to see the man leaning against a wall with his arms crossed, staring at them. Thor picked up a metal trinket from one of the displays, "So Earth has uh, wizards now?" He chuckled, attempting to place the metal back into the stand, making all of them clatter to the table. 

"The preferred term is 'Master of the Mystic Arts'- You can leave that now." Thor stopped trying to put it back together before Aspen flickered her wrist, all the pieces coming back together perfectly. "All right, Wizard. Who are you? Why should we care?"

"My name is Doctor Stephen Strange, and I have some questions for you two." He paused, "Take a seat." Suddenly Aspen was sitting on a black leather chaise, Thor sitting in a worn brown chair beside her. Thor and she looked around, confused. "Tea?" Stephen asked. Thor turned around to see a metal cup of tea in his hands. "I don't drink tea," Thor smirked. "I do." Aspen accepted, a cup immediately showing up in her hands. "What kind?" She questioned. "Earl Grey," Stephen answered. 

"Perfect." She hummed, taking a sip. 

"What do you drink?" The man asked Thor. "Not tea."

A large pitcher of beer replaced the tea in his hands as he eyed it skeptically. "So I keep a watch list of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this word. Your adopted brother, Loki, is one of those beings." 

"He's a worthy inclusion, yes." Thor's beer magically refilled, Aspen chuckling at his confused expression. "So why bring him here?" Aspen stood up, placing her tea down onto a side table, walking around to look at all of the old relics and displays the man had. She entered another room, walking down some stairs until she saw a couch. Jumping on the comfy plush chaise, she groaned in exhaustion. "hmmm, this is nice." Suddenly Dr. Strange and Thor appeared next to her, standing by the stairs. She let out a loud yelp, standing up. She smiled sheepishly, going to stand beside Thor. 

Dr. Strange moved his hands as the familiar orange whisps created a circle, spinning. "We could have just walked," Thor mumbled, smacking some shards of glass from his arm. "I got to walk." Aspen smiled, causing Thor to glare at her. "He's waiting for you." Strange exclaimed, signaling to a cliff through the portal. "Alright."

"Oh, don't forget your umbrella." Strange reminded. "Oh yes." Thor extended his arm. They all could hear distant crashing sounds, Aspen using her powers to repair anything that Thor's hammer had broken immediately. "Sorry." Thor apologized, mumbling the last part. Mljonir flew into his hand as he wiped broken glass from the material of the umbrella, "There we go." 

"We're gonna need Loki back." Aspen reminded. "Oh yes." Strange remembered, swiping his hands in the air as Loki came crashing down to the floor, screaming. He flipped his raven hair back, "I have been falling..for thirty minutes!!" Aspen failed to suppress her laugh, helping Loki up. 

"You can handle him from here." Strange mumbled. Thor shook his hand, "Yes, of course. Thank you very much for your help." 

"Handle me?" Loki snapped, flipping out his knives. "Oh for fuck- Loki, stop," Aspen warned, placing a hand on his arm. "Who are you?"

"Loki," Thor mumbled, holding a hand out. "You think your some kind of sorcerer?" Loki started to walk towards him. "Don't think for one minute you second-rate-"

"Alright, bye-bye." And like that, Aspen, Loki, and Thor were standing on a cliff in Norway, overlooking the sea.