nineteen- goodbye

"I think we should disband the revengers." I rolled my eyes, "It was never banded." I could see Thor glaring at me from the side of my eye, choosing to not say anything. 

Loki breathed heavily, pointing his dagger at Hela, "Hit her with a lightning blast."

"I just hit her with the biggest lightning blast in the history of lightning. It did nothing." I shrugged, watching Hela move closer and closer slowly as if she was taunting us. 

"We just need to hold her off until everyone's on board." I nodded, agreeing with Valkyrie. "The last are boarding. we can-"

"It won't end there," Thor interrupted, "The longer Hela's on Asgard, the more powerful she grows."

"Meaning she won't stop until she hunts us down." I looked to Loki, "And all Asgardians as well."

"So what do we do?" Valkyrie questioned. The four of us stayed silent, watching Hela get closer and closer with every step. 

"Anyone have ideas?" I asked, thinking. 

Loki looked over to me, "I'm not doing get help." I stifled a laugh, rubbing my thumb over his coarse skin as his hand interlinked with mine once again. 

Thor stepped forward, letting out a breath. I could tell he was thinking. We all were. Hela was powerful, that's no doubt. Even Mljonir. The hammer Loki, Tony, Rhodey, Bruce, Steve, and I couldn't lift...She broke with one pinch of her fingers. 

Thor looked back to the people boarding the ship. That was our number one responsibility, the people. 

"Asgards not a place." Thor looked to us, "It's a people."

Loki's brows furrowed, same as mine as we wondered what that had to do with this current situation. 

"Loki!" He turned back, "This was never about stopping Ragnarok. This was about causing it! Surtur's crown, the vault!" We all looked at each other, deciding. "It's the only way," Thor nodded. 

Loki smirked, "Bold move, brother." He grabbed my hand, "Even for me."

Within a moment, Loki and I were inside the palace. The golden walls shimmering around us. "Hey!" I hit his shoulder. "I wanted to help!" 

He rolled his eyes, pulling my hand as we rushed through the castle. "not with your side your not. I'm keeping my eye on you!" I groaned, making him stop running for a second as I yanked on his arm. 

"What's wrong?" Loki stopped, turning back. "Are you alright?" I let out a breath, nodding. "This might be the last time we'll be in the palace together. I just wanted some time." 

Loki looked down. We both knew there wasn't much. Hela was on a mission to destroy anything good the sons of Odin had. As well as Asgard. His index finger lifted my head as he leaned in, bringing our lips together in a passionate kiss. Loki's hands ran from my arms, to hold my face in his palms. Pulling back, I saw the urgency in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Pen. I know this is your home." I wanted to object yet he spoke before I could. "As it is mine. But even if- no. When Asgard is destroyed.." I felt a tear slip down my cheek, Loki wiping it away quickly as it came. "You are my home." He let a soft smile grace his lips, pulling my forehead to his chest. 

"You will always be my home." I wrapped my arms around his torso, feeling his hand on the back of my head. "I love you, Loki Laufeyson."

"And I love you, Aspen Forsetidottir." 

We pulled away, taking a minute to get ourselves together. I closed my eyes, listening to the silence of the walls around us. "Darling?" I looked up, gazing into Loki's green eyes.  "I'm okay." I wiped my cheeks, sniffling. "Let's go."

Loki wrapped his hand in mine, running us through the palace and down to Odin's treasure room. "This is madness." Loki breathed out, looking at  Surtur's crown. I nodded, "Beyond." He looked to me, "But It's the only way."

He picked it up, making me follow him down the hall. Only to run into his back as he stopped all of the sudden. "Loki! What the-" Then I saw what he was looking at. The Tesseract. 

"No." I shook my head. "Keep moving."

"But Aspen-" "No!" 

Loki smiled, "Let's be reasonable darling-"

"Nope!" I denied, pushing him further down the hall as he looked longingly to the blue glowing cube. "Don't even think about it Mr. Mischief."

He groaned, stopping in front of the eternal flame. "Alright." I took a deep breath, "How do we do this?"

Loki sat the crown in the fire, looking at me with worried eyes, "With the eternal flame.." He stared at the blaze, "You are reborn." The crown started to burn, making sparks around the horns as Loki grasped my hand. I felt the pain in my side worsen, wanting nothing but to rest. But we had to keep going. We had to get the hell out of here before we were victims to Surtur. 

Loki stopped, looking around before he continued to pace. "Say goodbye to home, my love." I followed him, being pulled away from the chamber and through the halls filled with memories. 

"Goodbye."