twelve- plan

I woke up, feeling the kick of a hard boot land in between my ribs. Groaning, I opened my eyes, seeing the dirt below me. 

"Get up!" I looked up at the ugly alien above me. I obeyed before another kick was used to make me. "Where the hell?..." I trailed off, standing up shakily. I was standing in a room, the only light being a small bulb hanging from the dingy ceiling. Thor walked out from the weapon room, standing beside me. 

And his hair was...short.

"You okay?" He questioned, gesturing to blood that had dripped from my nose. I wiped it with my sleeve, nodding. "You sure you are? Where's your hair?"

Thor scoffed, "Some weird old man cut it off." 

"You're both up!" 

"I'm what?" I looked back to see the same ugly alien press a button, a large door opening before us. Looking around, I grabbed onto the nearest weapon I could find. A sword and dagger. 

The last thing I remembered was attempting to contact Loki. 

I wondered where he was. If he even cared about me going to fight to my death with someone unknown gladiator. If he even cared about me in general. 

I shook the thought from my head, walking into the roaring stadium beside Thor. The crowd changed from clapping to booing. Children ran through the stands and ships floated above, watching the fight. 

I looked at the large box in the corner, seeing the Grandmaster and all his glory. He had a smug smile on his face, watching closely to me with a glass of wine in his hands. I gripped onto the sword a little tighter, walking out until the door closed behind me. 

"Here they are!! Lord of Thunder and Tiny Goddess!" I rolled my eyes, attempting to ignore everything the Grandmaster was saying to his loyally blind followers. I took a deep breath, rolling my back as I readied myself. 

Suddenly in the corner of my eye, I saw him. Loki, sitting on the same couch as the Grandmaster. Glaring, I tilted my head. I expected him to give me the same expression but all I got back was a worried one. 

'Don't play the pity card on me now.' I spoke through his mind, looking him right in the eyes. 

I could see him taking a deep breath, 'Never, darling.'

I scoffed, 'You don't get to call me that anymore. You've lost your chance more than once.'

He nodded, 'I have a plan. Just hold on, darling.'

I gave him one last look, shaking my head as I zoned back into what the Grandmaster was saying. 

"Let's get ready to welcome this guy here he comes!" Explosions of green power shot through the air, making the crowd roar louder. 

Thor and I backed away, feeling the ground under us rumble. 

"He is a creature what can we say about him." The Grandmaster rambled on as I readied my weapon best I could. I knew I could use my powers but who knows what kind of creature we'd be facing. 

We watched the door in anticipation, listening to the Grandmaster compliment the thing we were about to come face to face with. 

Thor opened his helmet, placing it on his head. I flicked my hand, the once revealing armor shimmering in green as it was replaced with something more protective. 

"Ladies and Gentleman. I give you..." I gave Loki one last look, both of our eyes staying trained on each other for a moment. 

"Your incredible...."

Suddenly the creature busted through the door, bending the metal at the edges. We were met with...Hulk?

"Hulk!!!" 

"Yes!!!" Thor shouted, making the stadium go silent. I looked up to Loki, remembering the particular painful- yet funny, moment he was smashed only a couple of years ago. I could see him murmur something, his face filled with fear as he attempted to rush back. Only to be stopped by the Grandmaster, and pushed back down. 

Hulk shouted, lifting his hands in the air as the crowd cheered and shouted for him. 

"Hey!" Thor waved to the Grandmaster, "We all know each other!" I dropped my head, groaning. "He's a friend from work!"

The Grandmaster looked over to Loki who ignored his gaze, keeping his focus on me. 

"Where have you been, everyone thought you were dead!" Thor shouted, making Hulk look back at us. "So much has happened since we last saw you!"

Hulk kept a straight face, listening. 

"I lost my hammer. Like yesterday, so that's still pretty fresh..." He trailed off, thinking. "Loki. Loki's alive can you believe it?! He's up there." Thor pointed to his brother as I attempted to stifle a laugh. "Loki! Look who it is!!" Loki's face was full of terror, watching down at the scene before him. 

"And Pen is..still here." I waved toward Hulk. "Hi, Bruce." 

He shook his head, "No Banner! Only Hulk!" My eyes went a little wide, watching Hulk as he started to charge toward us. 

"What are you doing?!" Thor's smile dropped, "It's us! Thor and Aspen!"

But that worked to no avail as Hulk started to run, making me and Thor split apart in a sprint. I went to the right, Hulk seemingly only focusing on Thor. 

The big green giant jumped into the air, Thor tucking and rolling before he could get hurt. I dropped my weapons, energy swirling in my palms. 

Swinging my hand back, I threw it, only making Hulk get knocked back slightly. He growled, putting all his attention on me. I backed up a little, however keeping my tense stance. 

He ran further and further almost at me. I stepped back, readying my arm so I could hit him at the right time. 

"Hulk, It's Aspen!" He shook his head, continuing to charge. "I'm friends with Natasha!" That seemed to hit something. His run faulted slightly, making me gather more power. "She's been looking for you! Nat wants to see you come home! Banner ple-"

"No Banner!!" 

He charged again, but this time faster. I grabbed the sword in my hand again, waiting for the inevitable blow. He jumped in the air, about to crash down onto me. I felt the cold wall hit my back. I was done for.

"Ahhhhhh!!" Hulk shouted, about to slam his fists down to my body. 

I closed my eyes, bracing for the pain. Yet nothing ever came. Hulk wasn't roaring and I couldn't hear the shouts from Thor anymore. I squinted one eye open, seeing the inside of the penthouse Loki and I were given. 

The weapons were no longer in my hands as I turned around, seeing the God of Mischeif himself looking at me from the door. 

"So that was your plan?" I scoffed, "To pull me out right in the last moment?!" He nodded, "Basically."