prologue

"Please don't do this!" Loki shouted, causing Aspen to cry harder as Odin gripped her arm. 

"I'm sorry, my son. But she is no good for you." The girl attempted to pull her arm from the Allfather's grasp, only hurting herself more in the process. 

"Don't send her away! Send me away!" Loki pleaded, only wanting to take the girl he cared so much for and whisk her away, far from his unforgiving father. 

"No." Odin shook his head, "I will not let her ways distract you from your full potential." 

Aspen sobbed, her eyes begging Loki to do something..anything. "Loki, please. Don't let him do this!"

"Father! Please, I'll- I'll-" Loki stammered, trying to think up a solution before she was cast out and into the wasteland of Midgard. "I'll never see her again!" 

Everyone's attention went to him, even the guards. Aspen and Loki's pranks had been known throughout the realm. Especially by the guards who suffered from such. So when Loki shouted those five words, surprise was only the beginning of their reaction. 

"And how would that help, Loki?" Odin questioned, holding on tighter to Aspen as she struggled against his strength. 

A tear slipped down Loki's cheek. "She's a distraction. I won't see her again. I can focus on my studies, and royal duties which are..." He gulped, not being able to meet her eyes, "Which are more important than her."

Aspen felt her heart rip right in half as he spoke. Her sobs were the only sound that filled the Bifrost, everyone waiting for Odin's reaction. 

Yet when he shook his head, Loki felt his heart drop as well. 

"I Odin, Allfather." Letting go of Aspen's arm she stood, back facing the swirling tunnel. "Ban you from Asgard!!" She screamed as the Bifrost pulled her in, sending her to the punishment of Earth. Loki could feel his chest sink in as you cried his name. 

"How could you?!" He boomed at his father, "I told you I wouldn't see her!!" Odin lowered his head, shaking it. "And I knew you wouldn't be able to do that if she wasn't long gone."

More tears leaked from Loki's eyes as they turned into full-blown sobs. "Please! When will I see her again?!"

Odin looked back to his youngest son, "Never."