eighteen- keeping promises

I felt my body erupt in pain as I was slammed onto the hard floor. Opening my eyes there she was, standing in front of me. Hela.

She ripped Loki's robe from my arms, making me stand up in defense. "Sentimental, are we?" I felt anger inside my bones, wanting to slice her hands off so she could never lay a finger on another one of his things.

"You know, I've been looking for this room." She gestured around with her hand. "But It was hidden. Until you came."

I shrugged, "Maybe you weren't looking hard enough." Suddenly a sword was pressed against my neck as she gripped my hair. "Or your little lover put a spell so only you could access this wing." Her head went toward the door, loud banging ringing through the palace halls.

I swirked, moving my neck as a drop of blood dripped down from where her sword punctured. "And you'll never see it again." With a small movement of my hand, we were in the throne room, below where Thor was sitting high above us. She sliced a small cut on my neck, though not lethal enough to kill.

"Sister."

Hela stilled. "You're still alive." She moved toward Thor. I stayed behind, conjuring up Loki's dagger in my hand. Placing a palm on my neck, I healed it slowly. My healing abilities weren't as strong as Loki's. He could finish within seconds, mine took longer.

"I love what you've done with the place. Redecorating, I see." Thor gestured around, making me look up to the unfamiliar painting on the high ceiling. It was once a mural of Asgards story. The "purity" and "innocence" Odin gained his rule with. Where Loki and I stood in the form of an oil panting, his hand stretched out as he placed a flower behind my ear. Was replaced with soldiers, swords in hand ready to fight.

We all knew Odin had shed blood to have the things we did. But to what extent? We had no idea it was this untrue.

"It seems our father's solution to every problem was to cover it up." She titled her head, making Thor nod. "Or to cast it out."

I scoffed, "His favorite one." Remembering the day he sent me down to Earth like Thor.

"He told you you were worthy. He said the same thing to me." He continued, looking at his sister.

"You see," Hela tried to reason, "You never knew him." She pointed to the newfound painting, "Not at his best."

I listened to her as I slowly krept back, doing what Thor had told me to do before we landed.

"Odin and I drowned entire civilizations in blood and tears. Where do you think all this gold came from?"

Thor looked at me, giving one nod, making it look as if he was listening intently. "And then one day he decided to be come a benevolent king." I walked backward toward the open balcony. "To foster peace, to protect li..."

Finally getting to a place where I couldn't hear her, I saw the chaos on the bridge. Asgaridans walking to the bifrost as a large black wolf blocked their way. I snapped, instantly being transported beside heimdell. "Welcome back, lady Aspen." I smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder, "You as well."

We watched as the wolf started to charge, snarling. "Go back!!" Heimdell shouted, both of us guiding the people away and towards the city. Families and civilians shouted, pulling their friends and loved ones away.  The wolf growled, taking off as it started to sprint to us. I held still, my palms lighting up as I was ready for a fight.

I would protect Asgard. My home. If it was the last thing I did. "Go!" Heimdell ordered, attempting to pull me back. I shook my head, "No."

"Lady, Aspen. Plea-"