three- firstborn

Loki let out a deep breath, leaning on his side, as they stared at Odin standing by the edge. "Come on," Aspen mumbled, making her way to Odin. Birds chirped in the distance. The sounds of waves crashed against the hard surface of the rocks. The grass swayed against Aspens' legs as she was looking to the blue ocean before her. Thor stood to the left of Odin, Aspen coming up on the other side.

"Father?" Thor questioned, looking at the older man hesitantly. "Look at this place. It's beautiful." Odin mumbled, gazing onto the sea. "It is." Aspen agreed. Loki accompanied them, leaving the small girl between him and the allfather. "Father, it's us."

"My sons'," Odin stated, causing Loki to snap his head, looking at his father as if he had just seen a ghost. Aspen saw the god's expression, slowly reaching her hand up to interlock her fingers between his. "I've been waiting for you."

"I know. We've come to bring you home." Thor exclaimed.

"Home, yes.." Odin trailed off. Aspen placed her hand on the king's arm, "You are coming home, aren't you?" The older man smiled down at her, shifting his gaze back to the Ocean, "Your mother, she calls me."

Aspen moved back, letting her hand slip away from Loki's, sitting on a nearby rock, knowing their mother was a touchy subject. Aspen could feel a weight lifting off of Loki's heart. Something the allfather must have said brought him further out of the dark place ha had crawled into so many years ago. Finally, after a few moments, Loki sat down next to Aspen, Thor on the other side of him, leaving Aspen between the raven-haired God and Odin.

Odin sighed, swinging his arm over Aspen as he brought her in for a loving hug. "You. Aspen...Goddess of intelligence." He looked down to the girl, "You have taken care of my sons for so many years." She smiled, "I wouldn't have wished anything more, allfather." He hummed in acceptance, "I'm gonna need you to do it for a while longer, child." Aspen nodded, a small tear slipping from her eye as the king wiped it, holding on tightly to the woman he had seen grow from childhood. Aspen lowered her head, a feeling rising in her chest of the inevitability about to befall them.

"I know that we failed you.." Thor started, "But we can make this right."

"I failed you..." Odin sighed, " It is upon us. Ragnarok."

Loki's brows furrowed, Thor shook his head, "No. Aspen and I stopped Ragnarok. We put an end to Surtur."

"No.." Odin mumbled, "It has already begun. She's coming. My life was all that held her back, but...my time has come." Loki, Thor, and Aspen shared a common concern, wondering what the king was going about.

"Who's coming?" Aspen questioned, looking up to the elderly man.

"Goddess of death...Hela. My firstborn." Odin revealed, causing Aspen and Loki to look up at Thor. "Your sister."

"Your what?" Thor mumbled, looking at his father all with worry and betrayal. Loki glanced down at Aspen, seeing the unsettled expression on her face. He squeezed her hand gently, reassuring her.

"Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her...locked her away." The king took a deep breath, "She draws her strength from Asgard. And once she gets there. Her powers will be...limitless."

"Whatever she is." Thor shook his head, "We can- we can stop her together. We can face her together-"

"No, we won't. I'm on a different path now." Odin stated, squeezing Aspen a little tighter to his side in reassurance. "This you all must face alone." Aspen squeezed Loki's hand tighter, rubbing her thumb over his calloused knuckles. "I love you, my sons." Loki's head snapped up, his eyebrows creased as he focused on his father's words. "Look at that." Odin pointed to a nearby boat, sailing the blue Ocean. "Remember this place...Home..."