thirteen- I promise

I groaned, plopping down on the couch. "You are insufferable." Dropping my head in my hands, I suddenly felt all of the pain from the past few hours, rush into my bones. I winced, moving my arm so it wasn't pressing on my side.

"Your hurt," Loki mumbled, coming to kneel before me. I shook my head, "I'm fine. I'm just-"

"I wasn't asking, Aspen." I lifted my head, seeing him conjure some medical supplies. "Loki, I promise I'm-"

He placed a hand on my cheek, "Please just let me take care of you." Reluctantly, I obliged, leaning back so he could look at my injuries.

He stood, lifting the metal armor from my shoulders and arms. "May I?" Loki's hand played with the hem of my shirt. I nodded, lifting my arms so he could slip it off. My hands immediately went to my chest, covering even though I had a bra on. "Please." He softly moved my arms, tracing soft circles on my wrists. "Don't hide, darling."

I took a deep breath in, feeling his gaze on the nasty bruise that covered my side. Loki lifted his hand, covering my side with his palm. I felt a cooling sensation run through my abdomen, he was healing me.

"You haven't done this in years," I whispered, looking at the way he concentrated on the task at hand. However his lips curved up slightly, "You haven't been getting hurt, darling."

"Not around you." His gaze slowly lifted to mine, a comfortable silence between us. "I'm sorry, Aspen." I shook my head, a tear falling down my cheek as I looked out to the city below us.

"I mean it." Loki's slender finger slipped under my chin, bringing my eyes to his. "Every time there is a small or minor inconvenience in my life I think to disappear. I think it's best." He wiped a tear from my cheek, "I never think of the people I'm hurting." His hand trailed down, reaching my pointer finger where I had been wearing the same ring for years.

"You kept this ring since I gave it to you when we were only eight." I let a sob escape, tears rushing down. "It was Thor's birthday and you had no one to dance with." I looked up to him, tears brimming his eyes as well. "No one wanted to dance with you."

"But you." Loki gave me a soft smile, tracing the metal ring on my finger. "You wanted to."

"I'll always dance with you, Loki. Always."

He smiled, lifting his hand again as he wiped the blood from my nose with a green cloth, "I'll hold you to that, my love." Loki finished healing and cleaning all my wounds. He had locked the door with a spell, ensuring no one could enter.

I changed out of my armor, exiting the bathroom to see Loki beside the countertop. He turned, making my eyes go straight to his bare chest. The way his defined abs lead down to a pair of loose black sweatpants. "Mhm.." He cleared his throat. My head snapped up, then only I realized I was staring. "Sorry," I mumbled, taking the tea he had placed in front of me. "Not a problem, love."

I stared at the counter, sitting on a stool from the other side of the kitchen island. "It's earl grey. Fixed just how you like it. Honey and a bit of sugar." I smiled, "How did you get all of that? I didn't know Sakaar had a market." He shook his head, chuckling, "It's a secret."

Nodding, I hummed, "Of course it is."

I finished my tea, both Loki and I sitting in a comfortable silence. "You need to sleep, my love." I shook my head, "We need to find Thor and-"

"We need to rest." I watched as Loki made his way over to me, softly taking my hand in his and leading me up to the bed. The sheets had been made and a collection of books sat on the nightstands. He stopped on one side, bringing my body into his. All my muscles relaxed, making me drop into Loki as he held the both of us up.

"I have you, Pen. I'll always have you." I nodded, digging my head into Loki's chest as I felt him lower the two of us onto the soft matress. I kept my eyes closed, feeling his arm lift from my back. "Please." I held on tighter, keeping my hands enclosed around his waist. "Don't leave."

"Never." I could hear the click of a switch, all the lights turning off as only a white glow illuminated the room. "I'll never leave you, Aspen." Loki kissed my forehead, "Not again."

Letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I looked up, seeing him gazing down at me. His green eyes shimmered in the dark. He lifted his arm, a galaxy appearing around us before we were in an illusion. A fire crackled as I was in my bed. Back in Asgard.

The night stars shone through the window, a breeze making the gold curtains blow and twist in the moonlight. I smiled, seeing a book appear in Loki's hands. "Sleep, darling. We'll be home soon. I will never leave you again." He placed one more kiss to my forehead, "I promise."