seven- invitations

I conjured my outfit into black leather pants and a green top with a matching leather jacket. After the fight with Loki, we've been keeping our distance. I know I should talk to him. Tell him how I feel but I can't. I don't have the guts to sit there, yell at him, and tell him how much he messed up. He knows. 

At least I hope he knows. I took a deep breath, I hadn't done my hair in a long time. I was either on missions with Thor and the avengers. Or fighting the long-lost sister I never knew my best friends had. So being able to take the time to pull my long brown curls into a proper braid made me finally feel like I had peace again. 

The door opened, showing Loki holding a glass of what I was guessing was wine. "Day drinking already?" I questioned, tying the end of the braid with a green band. 

"This mead isn't strong enough to get us drunk. So why not enjoy?" I snatched the glass from his hand, taking a large swig. 

"Don't get comfortable. We're not staying here."

Loki laughed, "And why not?"

"Because we need to find Thor and help him destroy Hela. That's the only way your people will be safe."

"Our people."

"What?"

"Our people." Loki repeated, "They're both of our people. You grew up in the palace. You grew up as royalty. They're just as much your people as they are mine."

I breathed out a laugh, "They stopped being my people the day Odin sent me to Midgard- No. Banished me to Midgard."

There was a long silence between us before the door opened, revealing the grandmaster himself. 

"Ahh!! The beautiful people!" I formed a tight-lipped smile, attempting to look a little nice to this strange man. "I was looking for you..." He walked toward me. I kept my stance, not backing up. I didn't know this man but I knew how powerful he was. He owned a whole planet. I wasn't underestimating him. 

"What can I do for you?" I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest. He looked down, his eyes staying on my chest for a moment as I heard Loki scoff beside us. 

"I'm having a party tonight which you two are of course invited to!" He placed a hand on my shoulder before seeing my eyebrow raise. Then removed it. 

"So, up for a party?" I smiled, looking over to Loki, only seeing his eyes on the Grandmaster as he was still eyeing my chest. A long silence ensued, mostly filled with Loki glaring and the grandmaster not having a clue of the threatening look on him. 

"Yes, We'll be there. Thank you." I accepted, finally breaking the silence. 

"Fabulous!!" The grandmaster exclaimed, sending me a wink before exiting our given quarters. 

"So..." Loki trailed off, "A party?" 

I nodded, "It seems so. You're going with me right?"

Loki smirked, "You missing me, love?"

I scoffed, "Yeah right. I just need something to throw as a distraction in case I get into a fight." Loki's expression dropped, forming a glare. I laughed, looking over his Asgardian attire, "You might want to change. Maybe something a little less pretentious."

"This is fine Asgardian leather!!" Loki shouted, pointing to his armor. 

I laughed,  "I know. That's the point."