six- you promised

With a final strike of Thor's hammer, the bridge exploded, sending the three of us flying. I held onto Loki as Thor held onto my leg. Odin holding all of us. The wind whipped, drying my tears just as they came flowing down my face. 

"I could have done it, father!" I looked up to see Odin with an almost empty expression. I'd never hated this man more my entire life. 

"I could have done it!" Loki repeated, his hand slipping a little more in mine. "For you!" His eyes moved from his father to me, "For all of us!"

"No, Loki..." Odin said, causing Loki's face to drop. His grip loosened in my hands. "Please don't do this, Loki! Please!" I cried harder, feeling him push off of me, falling into the abyss of space. Thor shouted as Odin pulled us both up, watching Loki aimlessly descend. Thor held me as I cried into his chest. Sobs wracked my body, causing me to grip onto my arms in some form of release. 

Suddenly my body was dropped from Thor as I was surrounded by dark elves. Loki and Thor were by my side as we fought them off. I turned hearing his screams. Loki lay on the ground, bleeding out. I moved his head into my lap. "No. No. No!!" I cried, feeling his hand come up to cup my cheek. I nuzzled into it, not wanting to leave the warmth and comfort he was. 

"I'm sorry, my love." 

I shook my head. "Don't do that! Don't say goodbye!"

"But it is, darling." 

I held onto him, crying into his chest, "Don't leave me. You promised you wouldn't leave me again."

Loki chuckled, instantly turning into a coughing fit, "This time it isn't my doing, love. I promise." 

"I love you, Loki."

He smiled. A genuine smile. The boyish one I hadn't seen in years. And suddenly his body went limp. Loki died in my arms. 

I felt pain.  Suddenly hearing Loki's voice farther away. 

"Aspen!!" I shot up in a panic, feeling fingers wrapping around my wrists, keeping me down. "Aspen! Stop thrashing!!" My eyes opened, seeing Loki on top of me as he held me down. A green aura flowed through my palm as I blasted him into a nearby wall, attempting to catch my breath. Loki kneeled, flipping his hair back as he glared at me. 

"What the hell was that?!"

I pulled my knees to my chest, wondering how the hell I was now on the bed instead of the couch I had fallen asleep on. 

"Huh? What in the gods name was-"

"You promised me."

Loki went silent, raising an eyebrow. "What?"

"You promised me the last time you died it wasn't your doing." I looked up at him. The once glare was now a guilty expression. I repeated again, letting a tear slip down my cheek, "You promised."