four- sakaar

She felt his hand slip from hers, water suddenly surrounding her body as she fell into an unknown pool. Opening her eyes, she saw a blurry sun above her. Swimming up, until her head finally resurfaced. She looked around, seeing mounds of trash and garbage either in mounds or falling from wormholes in the sky. Then she saw it. His raven-haired head bobbed as he attempted to dodge a falling ship. She growled lowly, teleporting herself behind him. He took a deep breath, turning around, shrieking when he saw her.

Viridian energy swirled around her hand as she advanced toward him. "Alright now, Darling. Let's be reasonable about this." He held up his hands, falling to the ground as a mountain of trash blocked his escape.

"Oh, reasonable?" She laughed, holding up her arm, ready to blast him. Suddenly an alarm sounded in the distance, catching them both off guard. The ship landed near the two.

They stood up, ready for another fight. Dark green flowed around her hands as Loki stood still, eyeing the new threat carefully. Then, the door opened, revealing a group of alien-looking scavengers.

Are you fighters? Or are you food?" Aspen glanced to Loki, seeing he was about to give them a sarcastic comment. "We're new here. How about some guest hospitality."

The main one smirked, "This one's a fighter." Another one behind him spoke something in a foreign language, looking her up and down. She internally cringed, seeing them stepping toward them, guns suddenly raised.

"Both of you." He held his gun up, "On your knees."

"Definitely not." She smiled, blasting him with an energy ball, sending him flying back into a pile of garbage. Another one advanced, resulting in her sending him in the same direction as his friend. "Anyone else want a burning hole through their sternum?!" Aspen shouted, holding her hand up.

Some shook their head, and others just ran back. She hummed, looking over to Loki. A shit-eating grin plastered on his face. Rolling her eyes, she motioned her hand to the large city in the distance, "Let's go, din slange." He rolled his eyes, following her as she started to walk.

Aspen's feet eventually started to hurt. 'Blame it on fighting an immortal being after finding out your best friend faked his death, she thought.

With a turn of her hand, She and Loki were suddenly standing in the center of the strange-looking city. "Where the hell are we?" She mumbled, seeing everyone chanting and running through the streets. The tall buildings barely made enough room for the streets. Aliens of all kinds weaved through the crowds of others. Everyone was selling things at booths or making their way to the place everyone was in an apparent hurry to get to. The colors were almost blinding. Neon blues, oranges, and reds filled painted on the buildings in different patterns.

"Come on. Let's look around." Loki suggested, attempting to grasp her hand. Before she pulled it away from his. "Don't touch me." She could see him rolling his eyes before they stalked through the crowd. She tried to keep her distance from him, however, failing since she didn't want to get lost.

They both spot a stand with food, looking at each other before they made their way over. Looking down she saw different plates of meat and vegetables. It looked divine. "What kind of meat is this?" Aspen asked. She could've looked in the alien's mind but she tried not to. Personal respect and all. Some people don't like when others divulge into their subconscious.

"This one is wild boar." The woman alien spoke with a fragile voice, "This one is chitauri." Aspen kept in a laugh, "And this one is Skrull meat." Her eyes widened, internally cringing. "Okay, wild boar please." She smiled, starting to cut a slice off the rack.

'What are you doing we don't have any money.' Loki spoke telepathically through my mind.

'You think I don't know that?"

Aspen took two pieces of meat from the woman, instantly casting an illusion of whatever money they used. She had seen someone using the exact bills earlier. It helps whenever she could see something, being able to cast an illusion of exactly that.

"Thank you." She took the money. They walked away fastly, hearing her yelling behind them.'Now run.'

They took off sprinting, grasping Loki's arm as they weaved through the crowds, trying to evade the now triad of aliens behind them. "This way!" Loki shouted, pulling her through an alleyway. She heard one behind them, looking back to see it eyeing the two down.

With a flick of her wrist, a wall of the alley fell, blocking its way. She laughed, letting Loki drag her to whatever safety they were trying to find. He pulled them into a small dip in the alley, both breathing heavily. Trying to catch our breath. She looked out, seeing no one was following them.

Aspen smiled, laughing as she leaned her head against Loki's chest instinctively. She felt his hand on the small of her back, knocking her right back into reality. She pulled away, not being able to meet his eyes.

Loki cleared his throat, handing her a piece of the food they had stolen. "Here. Just take a minute." She took it graciously, nodding.

She could feel his eyes on her while they ate. Like he wanted to ask a million questions. But couldn't. 'I'm the one who should be asking questions. He was the one who faked his death...twice.' She thought. 

Finishing the food, She grasped his cloak, brushing her hands off. "Hey! That is fine Asgardian leather!!" She scoffed, looking out to see if the coast was clear.

"Alright. Let's go." They walked out into the street. Seeing some sort of festival going on. Suddenly a hoard of buff creatures walked through, holding a chariot-like seat. A strange-looking man on top. He had bright-colored clothes on. A blue line striped down his chin. His jaw framed the peppercorn hair on his head. He waved, laughing as people cheered.

They were about to walk away when we heard a booming, "You!" The crowd quieted, everyone, stopping to look their way.

Loki and Aspen turned to see him pointing right at them. "I'm sure your mistaken. We are no more than trave-" Loki tried to bargain before the man shushed him. "Both of you. Come. Follow us."

She and Loki shared a look. Wondering what the hell this man wanted with them.