epilogue

Eight years later....

Birds chirped, making my body slip away from the sweet sleep I had been deeply in. Loki's arm draped around my hip, pulling me flush to his bare chest. I heard a deep groan behind me. Turning, I saw Loki smiling with his eyes still closed. "Goodmorning, my love." I grinned, placing a soft kiss on his lips and trailing down his face to his neck and chest. "Good morning, my prince."

He groaned, opening his eyes. "I'm no longer a prince. That tends to happen when the palace and royal realm becomes demolished by a ginormous fire god." I laughed, snuggling in closer to his chest. "Well, you will always be a prince to me."

A soft kiss was laid upon my forehead. Yet only for a second, we had such bliss as our bedroom door flew open. "Mommy! Daddy!!" I screamed as our daughter climbed onto the bed, jumping.

"Baby, calm down!" I laughed, pulling her down to lay between us as well as covering my naked body with the sheet. "What are you so hyped about, my love?" I tickled her side, making her giggle and throw her head back in pure joy. "You forgot!"

"Forgot what, darling?" Loki asked, hugging our daughter closer to him.

She grumbled, pushing herself out of our embraces and to the foot of the bed. "Uncle Thor is coming to visit today!!" My eyes went wide, looking over at the nightstand to check the time. It was already one in the afternoon.

"And what have you been doing while me and daddy have been asleep?" She grinned...mischievously. Freya really was her father's daughter.

"Oh nothing!" Her head snaooed to the door, running as she hid behind Loki.

"Freya! Freya I know your in-" Wanda walked in, instantly covering her eyes when she was Loki and I in bed with nothing on. "Oh hey Wands." She laughed, her eyes still covered with her palm.

"So Thor is at the door. I'll let him wait in the lounge with Tony." I nodded, laughing. "Alright we'll be down in a minute. Also, Freya is behind Loki."

I could hear my daughter groan from behind the bed, popping out and running past Wanda at an almost lightening speed.

"Great," Wanda shrugged, "Now I have to go catch her."

"Just put her in one of Tony's simulations so she thinks she's running when she's really going nowhere." I slapped Loki's arm, falling back into his chest. Wanda looked like she was really contemplating it before her face grimaced, "No." She shook her head, "Because last time I made her sit still she lifted up the couch and threw it all across the compounds campus."

I stifled a laugh. Yes, definitely mine and Loki's child.

"Okay." I waved, "Goodbye Wanda."

She took the hint, smirking, "Have fun."

The door closed just as Loki enveloped his body with mine. Rising above me, his lips met mine. They were soft, as were his hands as I could feel them travel up and down my sides, trailing to my neck.

"Hey," Loki whispered, "I want to show you something I've been working on." I smiled, looking up to my husband, "Okay."

I could see the hopeful excitement in his eyes. Shutting the blinds, he made the room pitch-black dark. Both of us not being able to see a thing.

"I mean if no sight sex is your goal then I'm all for it." I could hear him chuckle beside me, pulling me into him as my back met his front. Suddenly a ball of energy swirled through his palm. Also illuminating the ring he wore on his hand. Our wedding ring. The one he had given me as children.

"So what is the-"

Loki shushed me, scooting the both of us down in bed together. "Close your eyes." I laughed uneasily, "Alright."

I could hear the sounds of his powers floating around us. Suddenly his fingers touched the side of my head, making me jerk away in surprise. "Open your eyes, my love."

My jaw dropped, looking at what he had done.

An illusion was cast, almost like the one on Sakaar. Yet it was..more realistic. We were in the library, back in Asgard. The same floors filled with books on shelves. Piles of books stacked high. I stood, feeling the golden surface under my feet. I felt the familiar material rub against my thighs. The dress I had worn the day Loki and I had first kissed, adorned my body. It still fit perfectly.

Looking back down, Loki was dressed in his green armor, lying on the daybed we had spent days reading in. A tear slipped down my cheek as I felt a warm feeling swell in my chest. "Loki this is..." I spinned around, seeing the window open. Walking to it, a black raven sat on the edge. His hands wrapped around my waist, his lips leaving kisses up and down my neck.

"I love you, Aspen Laufeyson."

I grinned, turning around as we soaked in the sun from the opening. "And I love you, my husband..Loki Laufesyon."

The End