Prologue

I can still fondly remember my life as the lively teenager. Those days where I just feel all giddy and in love with the man I had known years before.

Now, as I was studying my reflection in the mirror, a small smile plastered on my lips. My dark hair was put into a low and messy bun with some strands casually falling on each side of my face. I looked around, and the reflecting rays of the sun on the glass wall blinded me slightly. 

Agad ko namang itinaas ang isang kamay at hinarangan ang sinag nito para hindi masilaw. Ang anino na likha ng sinag ng araw at ng kamay ko ay tila isang painting na gawa ng isang obra maestro.

I have always liked the sunset; it speaks in a thousand colors, and it feels like it can guide you way back home.

Home and warmth...

I heave a sigh.

I wish I could also be like the sunset...

"Sorin,"

A voice from the outside interrupted my thoughts. Three small knocks on the door opened, revealing Ryleil, my best friend, slashed this event's wedding organizer. Her eyebrows met, and I could clearly see that she was worried about me.

"I'm ready," I said, standing up from my seat. Ryleil's face relaxed right away, and she breathed out relief.

"Okay! It's your time to shine," she spoke, whispering the last phrase to my ear.

Mahina akong napatawa. And with that, I immediately grabbed the acoustic guitar placed on the couch next to me, inhaling a considerable amount of air. Ryleil held the door open to let me go through first. She even made the gesture like I was some sort of a princess, and she's my maid, which made me laugh a little.

We linked arms and made our way inside the restaurant. It was already full of guests when I stepped onto the platform to arrange my guitar stand. I was thankful that no one had yet to notice me as they were busy with their food and taking pictures to post on the internet.

"Sorin," tawag ulit sa akin ni Ry. She told me that I should eat first before starting, so I asked her to accompany me, which she eventually agreed to.

Bago dumiretso sa hilera ng pagkain, Ry introduced me first to the couple who just got married. Yes, I sing and do gigs for weddings. But I don't particularly like singing the entrance song at a wedding. I found them cringe for some reason.

But instead, I do gigs, or I sing after the wedding. I also sing for other parties like birthdays, in some restaurants-pretty much any party looking for an acoustic singer. I'll go and sing.

"Carl and Wei, this is Sorin. She's going to sing for later. You requested an acoustic singer, right?" Ry spoke.

I stilled. This situation is making me nervous.

"Really? Oh my!" I heard the wife mutter. Her voice screams joy. When I finally got to look at the couple, the feeling of anxiety earlier had slowly subsided.

The wife was covering her mouth out of excitement, eyes round like the sun; her husband just chuckled because of his wife's reaction.

"Sorin Koa?!" The wife asked. My eyes grew even more prominent.

How did- How did she kno-

"Oh my god! I heard you sing the last time I went here to the restaurant and that was like a year ago. Your voice is so good! " she said, extending the ooh sound in good. "That's why I requested for you! Finally!" She stood up from her seat to hug me.

Taken aback, I didn't know how to respond.

"Babe, she might not be fond of hugs." Mr. Carl Ramos said. Maingat nitong pinalayo ang asawa niya sa akin. He gave an apologetic smile afterward.