Chapter 25

Chapter 16
Setting Into the Horizon

"Were you scared..." West trailed off then he turned his head to look at me. "...earlier?"

I watched the smoke dances gracefully from the cup I was holding with both of my hands. "I would lie if I said that I was not scared, because I was. Akala ko pagbubuhatan niya ako ng kamay," I replied, my right hand formed into a fist when it shook from remembering how the taxi driver grabbed my wrist and was about to raise his hand at me. 

Ipinikit ko ang mga mata para kalmahin ang sarili. Bumigat ang hininga ko. Just the thought of that scene earlier, made me feel something heavy. Napamulat na lang ako nang may naramdaman akong mainit na bumalot sa kamao ko. Tumagilid ang ulo ko para panooorin si West.

I did not hesitate opening my fist just so West could intertwine our hands together. The coldness I was feeling earlier slowly faded and was replaced by warmth coming from him.

I moved a bit closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder. "No one will ever lay their hands on you. Don't worry, you're safe now. Nandito na ako," he lined his lips near my ear, speaking those comforting words against the lobe, his mouth brushing my skin, sending a shiver down my spine.

I wanted to pull back to look at him better but I didn't want to be away from his warmth, so I just looked at him under my lashes. 

His eyes are solemn, soft, and sincere. West studied me carefully and softly. His face dipped closer and he pressed a soft kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyelids to savor the moment.

And just like that, the little heart I had been holding onto was finally his. 

"Pero ano na ang mangyayari ngayon? You did not take the exam because of me... UP is your dream university,right?" I whispered, slowly pushing myself away from him to look at his expression.

West smiled. His hands raised to hold my head as he looked straight into my eyes. "I still have DLSU and ADMU. Don't blame yourself. Pinili ko rin namang puntahan ka, so it's entirely my fault not yours."

"But still..."

West completely shushes me off by shaking his head. "No buts, 'Rin. It's fine. Wala namang magbabago. It's just school," he smiled that sweet smile again.

After spending time with West, sadly he had to leave to attend a family event. I watch him as he climbs into his car.

Lumapit ako at ibinaba niya ang bintana ng sasakyan niya. I just reminded him to be careful on his way and muttered thank you. I waved my hand in front of his face because he was staring at me too much. I was thinking maybe he was disassociating, so I giggled.

West caught my hand and he held it a bit longer. "West, malalate ka na," pinaalala ko ulit sa kanya.

"Three minutes," he pleaded, brushing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"No, one," I laugh and his smile tips up into something beautiful. It's a moment I want to stamp into my soul for the nights when I feel a little bit lonely and a lot bit sad.

Lumampas ang isang minuto at kinailangan ko pang pagsabihan si West doon. Ayaw pa nga sana bitawan ang kamay ko at humingi pa ng time extension pero hindi ko na pinagbigyan. Maliban sa ayaw ko siyang malate sa family event nila, nilalamok na rin kaming dalawa doon. Nung pinagbigyan ko kasi ng isang minuto, bumaba siya sa sasakyan niya at wala kaming ginawa kundi sumandal nalang sa kanyang sasakyan at ni isa ay walang nagsalita sa amin.