Chapter 2

My parents took longer than I'd expected.

"Hey hun sorry to keep you waiting so long. The credit card wasnt working and the cashier had to get the manager." Mom placed grocieries on the counter and told me to start washing dishes. I groaned and got up doing as she said.

Dad just simply yawned amd outstretched his arms adding a "Hi Sweetie." while he was at it, and went right upstairs too.

I got up but there were no dishes in the sink.

"Mom really." I said not in the mood for jokes, "there are no dishes in the sink."

"Yes there are sweetie, just get em done I dont have time for this." Her voice got a little stern as she spoke. I knew better than to argue back with her.. Soon she'd be yelling then next thing you know I'm grounded.

"But mo-"

"Fine, go to your room get ready for school tommmorow. I don't want you missing the buss again. If I come down there and find dishes in the sink thats 1 weeks punishment."

I went into my room and did as she said. See thats how my mom is, grounded for the slightest thing.

******

That morning mom stopped me before heading out the door to walk to the buss stop.

"Found 3 dishes in the sink, a fork, knife, and pan. But since most were clean ill give u 3 days punishment. Next time no backtalk."

I said nothing as she kissed my forehead goodbye and went back over to the sink. There they were 3 dishes. A fork. A knife, and A pan. The three dishes that hadn't been there last night. For a spilt second the scene chamged, the sink was filled with red liquid with the words HELP! screaming out from under. I blinked and it was gone.....But that, was when I thought I was imagining things. That was before I went to back to the park and discovered a clue to the grusome truth.