Chapter 14

I woke up earlier than usual for school that morning. My clothes were laid out from the previous night, and I had just finished brushing my teeth. I changed into my school uniform. On Mondays it was required. Yes I know it doesn't make sense. Why where uniforms on one day of the week when you spend four other days dressing normally? I don't know. Try telling my school about it. Once a student got almost the entire grade to sign a petition and ban them, yet the school ignored that and kept the uniforms anyways.

I was walking downstairs backpack in hand with a granola bar I had grabbed off the counter. My dad had Monday's off but he woke up early anyways.

"Hey pop tart." He said as I opened my granola bar and began packing my lunch.

"Hey dad." I smiled at him as he came over filling a glass up with water and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Whatcha been up to lately, You ready for school, you look sad?" He made a puppy dog pouty face for effect. I laughed.

"Yeah. There's just a lot going on and all." I sighed, "You know. The usual."

He nodded his head and began taking a sip of his water. I thought about everything that had happened these past few days. My dad was a police officer, maybe he knew something about all of this stuff.

"Hey dad, do you know anything about the Elizabeth Gorian case?" I asked him randomly.

He made a stern and questioning facial expression. "I think I heard about it once or twice? What about it?" I shrugged my shoulders in Return.

"Oh nothing. Sammie and I just ran into something about it online. I heard she lived in this very neighborhood." I said telling half of the truth. I shuddered spookily.

"Hmph." He grunted. "Weird."

"Yeah." I replied glancing over at the clock. "I've gotta head to the bus stop love you!" I said hurrying myself out of the door.

"Love you too." He called after me as I left.

_______

I had been riding the buss for a fifteen minutes before we finally reached school. I met up with Sammie in the buss loop and we decided to go talk in breakfast.

"Jamie." Sammie said, "I'm really really so-"

"Don't apologize." I said, "It wasn't your fault, if anything it's mine. I shouldn't have dragged you into this."

"Jamie no. I will apologize because I could've hurt my best friend, and it's not your fault at all. These are things you are supposed to come to me about. I'm your best friend duh!" We both laughed and hugged each other and I knew then that the Sammie I had always knew was back.

"Now. I've got some information you're definitely gonna want to know about." She said seriously. "Turns out that Lorene's old husband was named Matthew Gorian and they actually lived in the same house as you. Don't ask me how I found this." I was shocked. Elizabeth Gorian and her family had lived in the same house as me. the same hallways kitchen bedrooms everything. Elizabeth Gorian had touched it. Elizabeth Gorian had seen it. Elizabeth Gorian had lived in it.

"Well I guess that answers one question." I whispered shocked.

"Which is what?" Sammie asked.

"Why all of this is happening to me out of the 7 billion other people in the world." Sammie laughed and nodded.

"But there's much more to this we have to figure out, and for now I think this Matthew Gorian is our number one suspect." I nodded my head just as the bell rang.

"Well I'll see you later." I said to her.
She nodded in reply as we went our separate ways to our classes.

By the time lunch rolled around, both Sammie and I were exhausted from the weeks events along with school.

"I have so much homework." Sammie groaned.

"Me too. I mean don't these teachers understand we have 5 other classes." I exclaimed. Sammie rolled her eyes and nodded in reply.

Lunch went regularly as Sammie and I complained about the homework and lack of resting. I felt like everything was finally getting back to normal after the previous night and I was finally starting to get enough sleep. By the end of the day I was exhausted and did nothing but watch TV. I could save the homework for later.

My dad was home again, said something about he's taking the week off.

"Hey sweetheart." He greeted me as he came downstairs.

"Hey dad." I said not looking away from the screen, "Mind making me some popcorn?" I asked.

"Anything for you baby doll." He replied. I smiled at him as he entered the timing into the microwave and came sitting down next to me.

"Watcha watching?" He asked.

"Oh just the regular." I said gesturing to the show on the screen.

"Walking dead of course." He scoffed.

"Favorite show." I shrugged my shoulders and he chuckled as the popcorn began beeping from the microwave.

He took it out and handed it to me. I took it happily and munched on the buttered yumminess.

"Hey dad." I said taking a deep breath. This was it. I was going to tell him everything. I know it seems sudden yes but I had to do it. My dad had to know something about this. "Remember how I asked about Elizabeth Gorian?" He nodded his head. "Weeeellllll." I said dragging the word in a high pitched voice. And then I told him everything, from day one up until now. He had a questioning look on his face and nodded every time I finished a sentence or paused. I sighed in relief once I had told him what happened, and he seemed to understand.

"Well." He said, "I think you should just leave this alone. I don't want anything happening to you or Sammie okay?" He turned to me with a serious expression this time. "I don't know what to say about all the other stuff but please leave this alone okay?" He cupped his hands over my cheeks as he said okay. I nodded and he gave me a kiss on the forehead telling me to get ready for bed.

I was glad to have told him. Who cares if he believed me or not. After all, he never said he did, but he also never said he didn't.

___________________

A/N - Two more chapters and the epilogue and this story is over !!!!!! I'm excited for the ending but also a little sad! I had fun writing this and thanks to everyone who voted, followed, added to the reading list, etc. I hope everyone enjoys but when the story is over there might be updated because I'm going to go back and edit. McKay bye everyone!! Until next time !

<3