Chapter 3

NOT EDITED!

_______________________

The bell for school rang and it was another long day of stampedes in the hallway and clinging to the lockers hoping to go un-noticed. By the time the first block was over i was exhausted. Math and I dont work well together.

I was now in the girls bathroom staring deep into the mirrror. My hair reached a little past my shoulders and my jeans were battered and old. I wore
a shirt with a curious looking owl on it. and had some running shoes on.

A few girls came into the stalls giggling about Peter Tucker. Peter Tucker of course. Peter Tucker is our schools boy toy. Everyone thinks he's so cute when to be honest, his freckles make him look like a kid with bad xema and his eyes are so abnormally green i could put them next to a leaf and not tell the difference. I dont know why everyones so worked up about him.

I left the stall not wanting to hear anymore about this Peter Tucker. But pn the way out one of the girls spoke to me.

"Jamie Selch?" the girl said.
I mumbled to myself and cringed but put a small smile on my face and turned to her attention.

"um yes." i mumbled. "tha-thats me." i tinkled with a loose string from my shirt nervously and felt myself blushing hard.

"Your invited to come and hang out with my friends and i this saturday." she smiled and pulled out a white envelope with my name on it.

I accepted it slowly hoping she didnt see me tremble. A party?! an invitation! i had never been invited to these kinds of things and therefore already knew the answer to her invitation.

"No. Im just not..."

"Not what?"

"just not i guess you could say..socially trained, to go to these kind of events."
It was lunch now and my best friend yet my only friend Sammie and I sat in the back. She was beautiful. She had long blonde hair, peircing blue eyes, yet she too had the same social problems i did. She could put herself put there, make friends, move on, yet for some reaspn she chooses not to.

"I would kill to be invited to something like that plus like you said. Your not socially trained so consider this the perfect time To train for that!" Her eyes were pleading. "Come on you cant hide in that hollow hole forever!" she complained.

"Says u." I joked. She made her puppy dog face that i chose not to resist because she rarely does that. When she does that you know she REALLY wants something. "Fine." I said. But just before she could squel of excitement. "Ill think about it." I said. Which didnt mean she had won the battle. In this case i still had a little bit of victory.

"Well i guess this is a step forward." She shrugged. "Ill accept that for now."

......

and yet here i am now......sitting in my bedroom with lip gloss on, painted nails, and my hair curled at the tips of my ponytail, an appearance id never do myself in a million years.

"Wallah!" sammie exclaimed! "Got your water and cell phone!"

"yeah,yeah." i sighed.

"Alright your all set to go meete back here at 3" I looked at the clock, it was 2:05 p.m

"you sure you dont wanna come?" i asked.

"yeah yeah im fine you go, you make some friends." She gave me a thumbs up and i headed out the door. My heart doing that thump thump thing except this time with a cazillion extras.