Chapter 16

I woke up with a yawn and called up Sammie telling her to come over as soon as possible. Not even ten minutes later she arrived.

Dad was going to stay home today and spend sometime with me because his boss finally let him have a day off. Well actually a WEEK! I know right! Mom was going off to work.

"Oh my god you LITTERALLY gave me a heart attack!" She exclaimed as she walked through the door.

"Forget that!" I said and began telling her about what had happened last night.

"So what should we do about it?" She asked after her various ooh and ah moments.

"I don't know. But something's telling me we shouldn't do anything now. Now just isn't the time." I said not knowing what was coming out of my mouth.

"Oh okay then what game do you wanna play?" She asked changing the subject!

"Up for a bit of clue?" I asked her while smiling. That game seemed to fit the mood.

_______________________

It was later that night I had just taken a shower and gotten some reading and homework done when I decided it was time to see what it was behind the white door.

I sat down in a chair and willed myself to ask Elizabeth what to do.
But as I thought there was no reply.

I tried again this time even harder yet nothing happened. I eventually gave up and decided to check my computer. I went to google and typed
How to contact ghost.

In the search box. Most websites and pictures were Ouija boards but I needed something mental so I decided to type something else.

How to contact ghost telepathically.

I waited as the page slowly loaded tapping my finger on the touch pad.

"BEDROOM!" A voice none other than Elizabeth's had whispered into my ear. I tensed and felt every inch of hair on my skin stand. I could now sense her prescence in the room. The smell of strawberry shampoo, Japanese cherry blossom body wash.

"I-I" I stuttered my words staring at the wall my eyes wide and tremering with fear. It wasn't until a small wearing noise sounded and my fully charged computer shut off completely with the no battery sign flashing on the screen. It was on the charger when I took it off.

I got back to my feet and picked up my house phone. My dad was watching the game downstairs and we all know how he gets when he watches the game.

"Sammy I think I'm gonna do it now!" I whispered as she answered the phone.

"Well hello to you too!" She said sarcastically, "And do what?"

"I'm gonna see what's behind the door. I have to go into every room of my house in order to find it." I whispered.

"What's with all the whispering?" She asked casually. I cleared my throat.

"I don't know sorry. But I'm about to do it. Starting with my room first." I said victouroously.

"No do another room if it was your room you would've already found a long time ago. It has to be somewhere else." She said. I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Okay. I'll start in the guest room." I said. "All the furniture there is old and dusty and belongs to one of my dads relatives. He's never mentioned who or what. I have yet to discover." I said slightly excited because this discovery could end this madness, yet more so afraid.

______________________

"Alright I said. We've got an old watch, a wooden stand with almost empty drawers and a bed frame and mattress with the packaging still on it."