Chapter 7

The thought of another prescence in the room with me, at all times scared me. I wasn't going through this alone. In fact I couldn't go through this alone. Sammie was just gonna have to help me and believe me, or call me crazy and tell me I'm going nuts.

I reached my flip phone just as the doorbell rang and I heard my moms welcoming voice fill the air. I was happy to have her home. If I had to hear this eerie silence once more I think I'd have poked my eyeballs out.

"Jamie Sweetie?!" I rushed downstairs and into my moms arms. She kissed my forehead and I could smell the perfume on her work clothes. She was a teacher at a local college.

"How was school sweetheart?" She let go of my embrace and began setting her coat on the rack by the front door.

"Oh same old, same old. Where's dad?" She walked into the kitchen and began going to the fridge until she found a leftover price of pizza from a nearly empty box.

She raised an eyebrow "Emergency business trip"

"Oh." I said taking a seat at a bar stool. Dad worked in the agriculture field with horses. He bought them for the owners and attended the biddings, etc. So it wasn't unusual to find him gone for a few days.

"Well Sammie called." She said in between pizza bites. "Said it was important and to give her a call back asap!"

"Really!" I said although I already knew what she was calling about. She was going to scold me for not talking to her, as she always did, in the times in which I had not. "Well in that case." I ran back upstairs closing my room door behind me. I turned my gaze from the golden door handle and back into my room. All a little to soon, because all I saw was her sitting on my bed laughing. But this was the happy her. The real her. With her beautiful black hair and pretty smile, and here she was staring straight at me. Yet in a lifeless way her eyes became beady and her stuff not hinting any signs of life.

I took deep breaths and closed my eyes counting to ten. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I opened them slowly inch by inch to find her still sitting there. But this time her face was turned away from me and her hand pointing to the tan carpet beneath us both. Once again just a lifeless figure sitting. Staring.

A single magazine lay on the floor.
It was a car magazine for Toyota. What does she want me to do with a car magazine? I stood their in shock. Not wanting to move. A dark robotic voice began to fill the room.

TAKE IT!

The voice screamed at me and I didn't have enough time to react. I watched as her bodily figure on my bed dissapeared and the magazine lay their, good as new. How was I ever going to sleep in my bed again?!

I walked over to the magazine slowly. Piece by piece I touched it with the tip of my pointer finger. Then all of a sudden I was picking it up. Holding it.

I dropped it immediately scared out of my mind of what was to come when I picked it up. But nothing did. I sat it on my bed, not sure rather or not I wanted to open it. I needed Sammie.

*************

"So you're saying she was in your room?! Like looking at you?!" Sammie was on the other line of the phone. All excited and happy like this was a good thing!

I sighed and rolled my eyes even though I knew she couldn't see me. "Well the thing is, I think She's haunting me Sammie." I paused and let out a sigh of relief. I was glad to have finnaly told someone about these incidents. "I think she wants me to find out who did this to her."

"Well duh she wants you to find out!" Sammie exclaimed.

"Well then what do I do! I mean why me in the first place? Why didn't she go haunt someone else and make them find out? All these years she's had."

"I don't know maybe your special. Maybe it has something to do with you. But listen, I do know that you're not gonna be able to do this alone. So I say my house tommorow, come home with me after school and bring all the evidence. For now let's keep this to ourselves, and in the mean time, I have an ouiji board from an old board game. Deal?"

I thought it through and finnaly decided, "Deal." I said back, "But only under one condition, the ouiji board stays out of this, I have no interest of contacting the dead. Plus things could go wrong! What if I contact the wrong spirit or something and do like the movies....Get killed!!!!"

"Bu-" She started to protest.

"No and that's final!"

"Fine!" She gave up and I could hear her throwing her hands in the air.

"See you tommorow, Sammie!"

"Bye." She said frustrated. Typical Sammie, the one that likes to take risk, contact the dead, and doesn't really care how dangerous the situation is.

_________________________

A/N - WOO! For this chapter!

Vote, Comment, Follow, etc! Also make banners, don't forget to include my book title and my name "JadaWesley"
in it, for it to be featured. You will be mentioned in the book and your cover will be used if you do so. For more information pm me and send the finished banners to jadawesleywattpad@gmail.com

Also don't forget to comment on any mistakes so that everyone can enjoy their reading experience. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)
Until next time!

Lots of love - Jada <3