Chapter 13.

I was quiet the entire car ride home. Every answer was short and blunt.

"Did something happen?"

"No."

"You sure because I can ta-"

"Yes mother in fine." I reassured her even though I knew it was a straight lie. I tried to focus my thoughts on the ever so pleasant strawberry scent of the car. What had happened to my best friend ? Would I ever get her back ? This was all my fault for pulling her into this. So stupid of me. Guilt fell hard on my shoulders as I silently scolded myself.

I was quick to rush up to my room as soon as we got inside. I could see a pot boiling delicious smelling dinner on the stove as I kicked my shoes off. I also noticed my dad finally home in the living room. I ran up to him and jumped in his arms giving him a small peck on the cheek.

"Hey Dad!" I said excitedly already pulling away. Usually we had a heart heart and talked when he came back from work, but today I kept it short. All I wanted to do was sleep. It was the one way to get your mind off anything. I made my way up the light wooden staircase to my room.

I ran to my bed grateful to be home. My sheets were gone and replaced with a new blanket that followed a galaxy design. Guess moms been doing laundry lately. Usually she washes and gives me another blanket to use.

I emptied my clothes from my backpack and placed everything with the evidence on my nightstand. I then loosened my hair from its ponytail letting it fall into my face before taking a shower and heading to my comfy bed.

----------

"Jamie wake up, wakey wakey!" My mom was practically yelling at me to wake up.
I groaned playfully throwing a pillow at her. She didn't get mad and instead laughed throwing it back. That's what I loved about her. She took 'cool mom' to the next level. More like 'cool mom; with limits'

"Come on sweetie." She sat on the edge of my bed tucking loose strands of hair behind my ear. "I've got spaghetti!" She said into my ear. And I immediately jumped up, hollering 'SPAGHETTI!' as I ran through the hallway and down the staircase.

My dad chuckled at me as he sat down with his food. "What's gotten into you hyper one." He joked flashing his kind hearted smile. He was the lightest,warmest,nicest, most gentle person ever! He always made sure everyone around him felt great even if it meant sacrificing his own feelings, and for that I loved my dad to death.

"Spaghetti." I said victoriously in return.

"Ah your favorite eh kiddo." I nodded my head and went into the kitchen helping myself to a large serving. Extra meatballs coming right up.

Dinner went smoothly and I could finally get my mind off of everything that had gone on these past few days.
It wasn't until I had finished up the dishes and put my clothes in the washer that I had heard the house phone ring.

The caller ID read Sammie's name and I hesitated to answer. Who knows what could be on the other end of the line.

"Jamie." Sammies voice was normal again and my heart had returned back to its normal beat. I loved my best friend so much and I was glad that she was here again. She was the Samantha I knew and grew to love.

"Sammie Omg you were crazy you scared the-"

"I know." She cut me off in a whisper. "I'm so sorry I don't know what got into me, my world seemed to. I don't know." I could hear her voice crack on the end of the line as she began to sob. No one deserves to go through this and I felt a pang of guilt strike my heart. Everything was my fault. I shouldn't have dragged Sammie into this.

"I'm so sorry." I said whispering. I too would've started crying if it wasn't for the beeping of the phone saying the battery was going dead, "I'll call you back." I told her soothingly and she sniffled an okay before I hung up.
The last thing I remembered seeing before falling asleep were those two pictures in slideshow form. The handkerchief and white picture frame.
What had I done to deserve this?

OKAY I'm just gonna end the chapter here bye ! :)