Chapter 9

Secret - The Pierces (Pretty little liars theme song) -------- >

__________________________

Sammie and I picked at the delicious stew sitting in front of us. Her parents sat at the dinner table scolding us until they finnaly questioned.

"Okay what's up with you two?" Her mom let out an exasperated sigh in defeat.

I shrugged my shoulders glancing to Sammie, seeing she was doing the same thing. Her dad arched an eyebrow in suspicion but continued eating.

"I'm not hungry." I murmered.

"Same." Sammie added, still a little shooken up. Yes it was only a small gesture, but it scared the crap out of us.
Her dad munched away but her mom put her fork down and just stared at us. She eyed Sammie, then turned her gaze to me.

"Well." She said, "Just place your bowls in the fridge and you can warm them up whenever your ready." She nodded her head in approval and we didn't hesitate to get up.

We made it to Sammies room and the mood smoothened. Sammie was eager to continue the research, where as I on the other hand wanted to ignore the fact that any of this had happened at all.

"No." I told her packing everything back into the bag. She gave me her puppy eyes, "No." I repeated in a final tone.

She didn't say anything as I placed the bag in the corner and got out my night clothes.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." I said.
Sammie plopped herself onto her bed and flicked the TV on with her remote. She nodded silently at me and I took this moment to turn and take a calming shower.

****

I pulled a towel over my hair that smelled much of Sammies strawberry shampoo. I then flattened out my pajama shirt that clung to my skin, that was not completely dry. I rolled up the furry despicable me shorts at the ends and stepped out of the bathroom. Sammie was asleep drooling on her pillow, with the TV playing reruns of the walking dead.

I took a spot next to her and shook her awake. She smiled already knowing what I was about to say and getting up to go to the shower. I turned over catching Michonne slice a zombies head with her blade. Sometimes I wonder if maybe it would be better to just have a world of zombies. After all, we may not be ourselves, but at least we'd live forever and never feel pain. With everyone as a zombie, no one would hurt each other, no one would fight over another, everything would be peace. Yet discusting peace.

I cleared that thought from my head and pressed the guide button on the remote that had been resting beside the outline of where Sammie had been. I flipped up to the movie channels until I found a good one. Snow White And The Huntsman.

One of my favorites. I had watched the movie once in the theater, a second time, in the redbox, and now here. I just couldn't get enough.

"Please help us." I watched as fire spread over a village. Envious of the fact that The Huntsman had left Snow to fend alone. Of course followed by that he realized what he had done and went back to help her.

The door to the bathroom creaked open and Sammie came out dressed in pajamas. I was pretty tired myself and let out a sigh. I turned over closing my eyes as Sammie headed over to the bed doing the same. She faced the opposite way of me and had her hair in a bun, Where as I let my brown curls spread onto the pillow.

"Goodnight." I whispered flicking the light next to the bed out.

"Night." Sammie added. I closed my eyes willing myself to sleep but for some reason I kept myself awake, and as Sammies breaths became small and shallow I still could not bring myself to sleep. I turned over and faced the TV that was flashing bright hues of blue on a commercial. I turned it off and moved back to my previous position. Only to find the TV on again.

I raised an eyebrow and muttered to myself. Didn't I just turn it off? I got the remote and rested my body on my elbow and pointed it towards the TV in a straight angle. My hand was hovering inches away from the power button when the screen froze.

Three tiny words were inscribed on the bottom in all capital letters.

"PLEASE HELP ME"

I turned to Sammie and shook her. She stirred but didn't wake. I shoved her harder and her eyes finally clicked open.

"Look!" I said pointing at the TV blankly not even daring to look again.

She stared at it. Her expression not changing. "What?" She said irritatedly.

"Th-The words!" I mumbled looking up. They were no longer there. I didn't move, my hand wavering in the air in shock.

Sammie sighed and rolled back over into her comfortable position. "I think you need sleep." She muttered, and minutes later her breath was back into the calming state, only a few snorts coming from her every once in a while.
The TV stayed on. Blank on a blue screen. I placed the remote on the death in with held the lamp. Sammie was right. I was tired, exhausted. Now I'm seeing things. I need sleep.

I agreed with what my brain was telling me, until the TV cut off. All by itself, just turned off and then back on. Back to to the walking dead. I didn't move and lead myself into a sleep. None of this was real, it was all a dream. When I wake up tommorow morning, I'll realize this is fake. Right?

You're not afraid of the dark, you're afraid of what's in it. And here I am, consumed by darkness.

__________________________

A/N - Woot woot for the update! Once again not edited I'm too lazy or don't have time. :/ comment on any mistakes so everyone can enjoy reading this book with the best experience! Thanks to all who comment, vote, or followed! Also no longer accepting banners. :/ I might do it again but for now you can feel free to email me anything you'd like.

Thanks! Let's go for 50 votes! Woot Woot! Alright until next time! :)

Lots of Love - Jada <3