Chapter 10

I woke up on the floor and found Sammie sprawled out all over the bed with a puddle of drool escaping her mouth. All around her mouth, the pillow was soaked and I knew better that to wake her. Sammie was NOT a morning person. She'd wake up throwing blind punches into the air at nothing for even the slightest tap.

I tiptoed into her bathroom throwing a splash of water into my face with her tap. I went to my bag taking my toothbrush and washed away. When I got back Sammies constant snores seemed to have gotten louder.

I returned to my previous position sighing in annoyance as this always happens when I'm at Sammies house. I either end up on the floor or wake up multiple times in the night to kick Sammies feet over or take the cover back.

I reached up into the nightstand and grabbed the remote as all of yesturday rushed back to me. I was still a bit intimidated and felt goosebumps rise on my skin. The internal challenge had turned into a war. Should I turn the TV on or not?

.....

Not. I wasn't risking everything happening again. I had had enough. For one hour, for one day, for one week! This was way too much to handle and solving this girls case isn't as easy as she makes it seem. I heard Sammie whimper as she awoke.

She stirred in her covers and her snores disappeared telling me she was awake but too lazy to get out of bed.

"Pss. Sammie I'm awake!" I whispered a little too loudly. She gave a small whimper of my prescence In reply and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll have you know!" I began, "I happen to once again, be on the floor with no blanket or pillow!"

"Sorry." She murmered half asleep. I sighed and got up on her bed fixing myself a small spot on one side. But the tick of her wall clock kept me awake as did the sun shining through the window. Bored. The word bored spread across my mind. Which was weird because considering everything that's happened you'd think I would never move again, or even be bored as I should be too concentrated with thoughts.

"Sammie wake up." I whispered loudly." Sammie wake up!" This time I made my voice firmer and in more of a demanding tone. "I'm bored I wanna do something!" I wined!

"No." She growled angry.

I took my pillow and tossed it in her face. Yes I know. I have a death wish because I had put myself on Sammies bad side. No one, wakes Sammie in the morning.

I muttered a little uh-oh but Sammie smirked instead seemingly proud of me being afraid and rather said, "We're making the call, clear your throat."

"What cal-" I didn't even finish my sentence, Oh no... I contorted my face into plain disapproval running my hands through my hair. "Sammie! It's 8 AM we can't just call a random stranger this early in the morning! Besides were Kids. This ghost girl... This... This... Elizabeth! Needs to find someone else for her wild goose chase because I don't know about you, but I certainly did not sighn up to be a candidate." I didn't know where my anger or frustration came from. Maybe I was just overwhelmed about everything and took my anger out on her! Either way I stormed out of the room and into the dining room.

I had been to Sammies house so many times to the point where I knew where every silverware was and often ate breakfast alone or catching glimpse of her dad leaving for work, while she was still snoring away happily in her room. The first few times it was awkward, but after a while I got used to it.

I was mid-bite when Sammie decided to come down and join me.

"Do you have to be such an early bird Jamie." She said grumpily. I held my hands up in defense.

"Not my fault." I said in response. She continued eating her breakfast silently.

"Look. I think we've already established the fact that for some odd reason this girl wants you to find out what happened to her and you wining about every little thing along the way is not going to help." She paused. "Besides I think all these things are just signs that you have to help her because if you don't there will be consequences. Other things are just her protecting you. Keeping you away from harmful things or evidence she doesn't want you to know. You're going to have to do something." She said bluntly. She was right. Every single inch of her words were true but I chose not to believe them. Now I had no choice.

"I'm doomed." I muttered to myself turning my gaze to the ground.

"You sure are." Sammie smirked knowing she had won this round. It was settled and there was no going back, we were going to make the call.