Chapter One: Let's catch up

Let's start off with a few things;
Just as promised, Pippa had brought Selena's son, Adam, back to life. But it took a while as the girls were busy a few years before. They had rebuilt the island that Selena and Piro grew up on after it was destroyed so many years before the girls became a team. They now have a place where they can just be themselves and not hide. The Island had recently re-populated and Selena's enemy, Paul, is being held in a prison for murder and attempted murder.

His daughter, Maddie, heard about what he had done but has since forgiven him. However, she's not allowed to see him due to Selena's instructions. The two have met and Selena is trying to get used to the daughter of the man that took her eyesight. Selena is still blind from what Paul did but she's used to it by now. She's been taking care of her children but, recently, she's had to get political to help the Island go back to normal. So, I'll let the girls explain what happened at this time:

'After the war, I went back to Tua Bay,' Pippa said

'A-after the war I went back to Tua Bay,' Selena cut in

'I finished up my studies and I practiced war.'

'I practiced law, Pip worked next door.'

'Even though we started at the very same time, Selena the Witch began to climb. How to account for her rise to the top? Maaaaan, the girl is Non-stop!'

Let's go to the courtroom where Selena and Pippa are talking about the first murder case of the restored Island.

'Gentlemen of the jury, I'm curious, bear with me, are you aware that we're making hist'ry?' Selena asked, 'This is the first murder trial of our brand-new nation. The liberty behind deliberation.'

'Non-stop!'

'I intend to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt with my assistant counsel-'

'Co-counsel,' Pippa corrected, 'Selena, sit down,' Selena reluctantly did so, 'Our client Levi Weeks is innocent. Call your first witness. That's all you had to say.'

"Okay," Selena stood up, 'One more thing.'

Pippa had enough, 'Why do you assume you're the smartest in the room? Why do you assume you're the smartest in the room? Why do you assume you're the smartest in the room? Soon that attitude may be your doom!'

Selena could only shrug and write something down

'Why do you write like you're running out of time?' Pippa asked her, 'Write day and night like you're running out of time? Ev'ry day you fight like you're running out of time. Keep on fighting in the meantime.'

'Non-stop!'

Selena stood up on one of the tables, 'Corruption's such an old song that we can sing along in harmony, and nowhere is it stronger than in Tua Bay. This colony's economy's increasingly stalling and honestly, that's why public service seems to be calling me.'

'She's just non-stop!' Pippa said a bit annoyed

'I practiced the law, I practic'ly perfected it. I've seen injustice in the world and I've corrected it. Now for a strong central democracy. If not, then I'll be Socrates throwing verbal rocks at these mediocrities!'

'Selena, at the Constitutional Convention,' Pippa said once the court case ended

'I was chosen for the Constitutional Convention,' Selena said excitedly

'There as a Tua Bay junior delegate.'

'Now what I'm going to say may sound indelicate.'

'Goes and proposes her own form of government! Her own plan for a new form of government! Talks for six hours! The convention is listless!'

"Bright young girl," A man said

"Yo, who the f is this?" Another asked

'Why do you always say what you believe?' Pippa asked out loud as Selena walked away, 'Why do you always say what you believe? Ev'ry proclamation guarantees free ammunition for your enemies. Why do you write like it's going out of style? Write day and night like it's going out of style? Ev'ry day you fight like it's going out of style. Do what you do-'