Chapter Twenty-One: Life gets better

Maddie flew back to Nammu where Felicity was still working at the Inn. She walked in and Felicity looked up to see what had become of Maddie. She honestly couldn't believe it. But she did believe that Maddie did this just to impress her. Felicity decided to take her break early to talk with Maddie. She took Maddie outside to talk.

"What the hell is this?" Felicity asked

"Pippa made me Earth's Angel because she wants to live on Cybertron," Maddie said

"Did you only accept so you could impress me?"

"No. Why would you think that?"

"Because I've told you over and over that, I like Selena even if she can't love me back. And now that you're like this, you'll outlive me when I die. If Pippa's immortal, so are you."

"I can make you immortal too. And you need to let Selena go. She's going to get married someday to Knockout and that will break your heart. I see it in your eyes that you do have feelings for me and I do too. But you have to let Selena go if you want t give into these feelings."

"Maddie! Things will never work between us. Just leave me be."

Felicity made her way back inside but Maddie spoke up.

'You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me so don't keep saying our hands are tied. You claim it's not in the cards and fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me but you're here in my heart so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny? What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find. It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be so why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours tonight.'

Felicity really didn't want to let go of her feelings for Selena. They had been friends for years. 

'You think it's easy,' Felicity said looking at Maddie, 'You think I want to run to you but there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through. I know you're wondering why because we're able to be just you and me within these walls but when we go outside, you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all.'

Felicity walked back over to her, 'No one can rewrite the stars. How can you say I'll be yours? Everything keeps us apart and I'm not the one you were meant to find. It's not up to you, it's not up to me when everyone tells us what we can be. How can we rewrite the stars? Say that the world can be ours tonight.'

'All I want is to fly with you,' Maddie took a hold of Felicity and flew into the air, 'All I want is to fall with you,' Maddie pretended to drop her but kept a hold of her as they returned to the ground, 'So just give me all of you.'

'It's impossible,' Felicity protested pushing Maddie away from her

'It's not impossible,' Maddie told her

'Is it impossible?' Felicity started to wonder

'Say that it's possible! How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine? Nothing can keep us apart 'cause you are the one I was meant to find. It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be and why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours!'

But even so, Felicity couldn't let go, 'You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide but I can't have you. We're bound to break and my hands are tied.'

Felicity tried to return to her work but she turned to see Selena standing in front of her. She had been watching Maddie after seeing her new look. Pippa hadn't told her anything so she wanted to get answers out of Maddie. Well, she got what she wanted and learned that her long-time best friend has had a crush on her for who knows how long.

"You heard all of that, didn't you?" Felicity asked

"Every word," Selena confirmed, "Felicity, you know that I don't have any romantic feelings for you. I never have. You're my best friend and I prefer it to stay that way. But I want you to be happy. I'd suggest being with Maddie. You two are perfect for each other and I can imagine you two doing great things. Believe me, it will be worth it."

And so, Felicity would finally accept Maddie's feelings for her and they would soon start dating. Meanwhile, Selena was getting her life in check. She would finally use the potion to see again but she always preferred to keep her mask on. After years of waiting, Knockout would finally propose to Selena and they would marry that autumn. Pippa would also marry Optimus sometime before that on Cybertron. As for Piro, she didn't find anyone to settle down with being an Asexual.

But Paul would re-marry to a woman he would meet later on down the line. Oh, and Maddie and Felicity would marry after two and a half years of dating and have twins called Aria and Mark. But even with all the good things happening, Selena was having a hard time accepting that life was finally calming down. She could finally relax now that anyone or thing that was once a threat to her was no longer in her life. She always had her guard up even when she didn't need to. It was just hard for her to let go of the past and she didn't want to go into the future unprepared.