Chapter Seventeen: The Battle for Earth

Pippa recovered from Selena's attack and returned to her people. Selena had left by then but Pippa was ready for the battle to come. She gathered her army and made their way to the area where Selena's Lab once was. But a thick fog had appeared. No one could see the wooded area in front of them. Pippa knew that this was Selena's doing to make it more dramatic. A figure was soon seen walking out from the fog. It was Paul back in his old attire, no longer needing his pirate disguise. 

'Rollin', rollin', rollin'. Keep movin', movin', movin'. Keep them doggies movin', Rawhide! Rain and wind and weather, hell-bent for leather, wishin' me girl was by me side.'

Soon more figures came out from the fog. It was their army with the criminals of Nammu among them. Maddie had joined them but Felicity had stayed behind. She was no fighter. Their numbers were larger but still outnumbered. Either way, it was better than nothing.

'Rollin', rollin', rollin'. Keep movin', movin', movin'. Keep them doggies movin', Rawhide! Rain and wind and weather, hell-bent for leather, wishin' me girl was by me side. Move 'em on, head 'em up. Head 'em up, move 'em on. Move 'em on, head 'em out, rawhide. Sent 'em out, ride 'em in, ride 'em in, wear them out, cut 'em out, ride 'em in rawhide!'

"This ends here, Pirate!" Selena said standing with Paul.

"We'll see about that, Witch!" Pippa said flying into the air and hovering there.

She ordered her army to attack and they ran toward the smaller army. Selena put her staff down, abandoned her cape, and took her sword from her belt. Paul ordered their army to charge and they all followed him. And the battle commenced. Punches were thrown, swords crashed against each other, blood was spilled, and many people would become injured or dead. All the while Pippa hovered above it all and watched it all unfold. Selena, for what felt like the first time ever, fought by Paul's side and always watched his back.

Five years ago, these two enemies would've scoffed at the idea of fighting with each other instead of against each other. But there they were, having each other's backs in this fight for Earth. Maddie was happy to see that the two had set aside their differences for this one moment. But this caused Deja Vu for Selena and Pippa. Because that was once them a little over seven years ago while trying to save the Earth from the Uncle who caused the Angel to become this dark Angel.

But Selena would leave Paul to fight by himself. She flew up from the crowd and started to attack Pippa who was still observing. They would start a sword fight in the air until Pippa tackled Selena to the ground. They would continue their battle on the ground in both hand-to-hand combat and sword fights. Selena didn't hold back either. She wanted the Angel to bleed. Though it would be the Angel making her bleed instead.

From cuts to bleeding from the mouth after being kicked in the stomach or punched in the mouth. But many people around them were no different. They were bleeding and exhausted. Piro would notice how tired both sides were becoming after almost two hours of battle. She looked over to Pippa and Selena to see that Pippa had finally gotten Selena pinned to the ground. Piro felt like this wasn't a fair fight anymore.

She burned Pippa's arm to get her attention. She told her to look around at the huge armies and told her that, if she wanted a fair fight, they would get a five-minute break. After some consideration, she allowed the break but to make it half an hour. Selena was just confused. She was a few seconds away from death and Piro somehow got the Angel to stop. So, whoever was left alive walked away to recover. Selena used her staff to make a pond and enchanted it so it could heal everyone. She used it to wash out her bloody mouth.

"Since when do you ask for a break in the middle of a battle?" Paul asked Piro

"I felt like it was needed," Piro said.

"This isn't a Narnia film. This is real life," Selena said letting the water to its part to heal her up.

"Why did she even agree?" Maddie asked

"Because Pirate had a love for fair fights," Selena told her, "I see that hasn't changed."

George forced Selena to her feet, "You promised me revenge. Yet you take the Angel for yourself!"

"I don't remember you mentioning you could sprout wings to go and tackle her to the ground," Selena said to him.

"It was anyone's fight, Captain," Paul said, "You'll get your chance."

Maddie broke them up as she spotted something. Selena joined her to see what was going on. Pippa was bringing her dead men back to life. They will never win this battle. Now Selena knew why Pippa agreed to this break. She wanted time to heal and bring back her dead soldiers. She didn't want a fair fight, she wanted to win. Now Selena was really scared. And there was no hiding the fear in her eyes. 

"We're dead," Selena said watching the Angel work.

"What?" Maddie asked looking at her.

"We're dead!" Selena said walking away.

"What's happening?" Piro asked

"The Angel that you just asked for a break is healing and reviving her dead soldiers! We'll never win this battle! She'll slaughter us all until we give up! We're dead!" 

This scared side of Selena was new to the trio. She always had an attitude and always appeared as if she didn't care. But to see her scared really showed how dire this situation was. 

"But, Pippa's the bad guy. We have a chance of winning," Maddie said.

"Maddie, this isn't a fairytale or a movie. The heroes don't always win in real life. Imagine this as Avengers: Infinity War. Thanos won that battle. Was he a good guy?" Selena asked her

"No, but they won five years later."

"This is the five years later! Even if we lose this battle, we won't have five more years to make a plan to stop her or wait for a miracle! This is a losing battle. But if you want to fight it anyway, I'm not stopping you. I will fight with you regardless. Just know we have a high chance of surrendering or dying."

"If we ever want to make it into the history books, it better be because we fought for Earth until there was one man left standing," Piro said, "We should fight."

"See you on the other side," Selena gave her last words of encouragement.