19. They shine like Emerald

I'm trying to be more consistent and provide ya'll new chapters on a.... better duration. hehe.

On with the story now.

CHLOE'S POV

"Hello sweetheart."

Declan.

My eyes widened in shock. I gestured him by eyes to remove his hand from my mouth. 

"I will only remove my hand from your mouth if you promise to not scream." 

I nodded and he kept his promise. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked angrily. 

Yeah well fake anger, but hey! I gotta show him that it's wrong to enter someone's bedroom, that too at this hour! 

Anger 

Anger

Yeah no, I'm enjoying this view... under him.....

CHLOE! ANGER!

"What are you thinking about?" he searched my eyes in amusement for any sort of hint what I was thinking.

"I'm thinking that would you be kind enough to release my wrists as well?" I said sarcastically. 

"Hm... no!" 

HE SAID WHAT!

"No?? Excuse me? No??" 

"Yeah, I'm kinda loving this...position." he smirked. 

I'm loving it too, but I'll never tell you, you annoying SOB.

He chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked him, clearly confused.

"You baby, and your habit of blurting out your thoughts." 

I just did not- 

My eyes would've have been out of their respective sockets if it was possible. 

Okay! Okay! Step two of disaster management, damage control. 

Think Chloe! Think!

"Yeah so?" 

He tilted his head to one side and said, "Yeah so?" 

"Get off of me, Declan" 

Liar. You don't want him to get off of you, you want him to-

Without another minute, he released my hand and sat straight on the bed. I instantly missed his presence as soon as his body weight was lifted away from mine.

"Care to explain what are you doing here at this unholy hour?" I said after adjusting myself on the bedhead.

"I missed you." 

"What!" that's a surprise.

"You're forgetting something" he chuckled.

Huh?

Oh! The game. I didn't know he took it seriously.

His lips look so soft. What lip balm does he uses? 

What's it like to k-

"If you want something all you gotta do is ask." he said, snapping me out of my wil-..uhm.. thoughts.

I realized he was much closer to me this time, or is it me who shifted herself from bedhead to him?

I looked in his eyes, "Emerald"