(𝟧) 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓈 𝒾 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈

"everything will be okay."

san looked at wooyoung for a short moment, before a small smile appeared on his face. "thank you, wooyoung."

suddenly, a rush of wind entered the room, a small orb of light invading into the room along with it. the pink-haired boy's expression lit up drastically as he stood up swiftly, completely erasing the somber mood that encased the small room before. "oh! shiber!"

wooyoung raised a confused eyebrow. "huh?"

san had a rather excited look on his face, staring at the orb of light while speaking some low, unintelligible words.

the intensity of the light began to dim which allowed wooyoung to finally see what the orb of light even was.

it looked like a... dog?

the dark-haired boy stood up to stand next to san, his confusion no less clarified as he got a closer look at the shining dog. "what... who... is this?"

san turned to wooyoung, his smile still as prominent as before. "oh! this is shiber. he's a dog spirit guide, but he's more known to me as my best friend."

the dark-haired boy looked over at the spirit, confusion still written on his face. "what? but there's no such thing as-"

wooyoung felt something slam over his mouth before realizing that it was san's hand. "don't say that! every time somebody says that, a spirit somewhere withers away forever, with no traces of them left other than your memory."

the dark-haired boy nodded frantically, muttering a small "understood" once san tentatively removed his hand.

wooyoung then got a closer look at shiber. shiber seemed to be a shiba inu (and was probably named after one), and he was quite a beautiful one at that. the glowing light and flowing figure only accentuating his cute puppy face.

shiber let out a small bark, getting san's attention once again. immediately, concern flooded the pink-haired boy's features, his eyebrows furrowed as he listened intently to the next noises produced by the dog spirit. "really?"

wooyoung did not know what was happening because he did not know how to speak dog, but san's apprehensive expression bothered him way more than he felt it should have.

san's voice sounded pained. "you mean right now? goddamn it."

the dark-haired boy tentatively asked his next question. "...what? is something wrong?"

san looked back at wooyoung with eyes as wide as saucers. "i need to go back to neverland. apparently, captain hookjoong is back."

wooyoung blinked. "huh? what's neverland? who's cap-"

the pink-haired boy answered his first question swiftly. "neverland is a place far, far away where you can go to escape reality. it's such a beautiful place and it..."

san's words faded to the background as wooyoung processed the words already said.

escape reality?

that was something that wooyoung has always dreamed of. ever since he felt that he was sinking in the inexorable quicksand called his own inevitable disappointing future, he's always wished to find a way out of that mess so he could finally find happiness.

wooyoung looked up to see san and shiber starting another hushed conversation, questions still running through his mind. what would he do to escape his own reality?

"wooyoung."

the dark-haired boy escaped out of the depths of his own hyperactive mind, turning his attention back to the handsome pink-haired boy in front of him. "yes?"

san gave wooyoung a welcoming smile. "do you want to come with us?"

that question hit wooyoung like a bus.

come with them?

that would be ridiculous.

he literally met this pair of strange beings less than half an hour ago and they were strangers like no other. one was literally a flying boy with pink hair that looked like he came out of a forest instead of a closet when looking for things to wear. the other was basically a floating, shining ghost dog. why would he even consider going with them in the first place?

yet, there was something stopping him from saying no.

there was something about san and his mysteries that made wooyoung feel drawn to him and also strangely safe. there was something reassuring about san, and he wanted to go out and seek the buried treasure of the mysteries of the boy.

the promises of going to a place of escaping reality also piqued his interest, as that was something he always dreamed about. it was something that he desperately wanted to do, because suffering was a future nobody in the whole entire world desired.

though there were many red flags, there was something in the back of his mind, from the depths of his very soul telling him to say yes, telling him to go with the strange boy he met only minutes ago.

so he did.

"sure."

unedited