(𝟣𝟢) 𝒾 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒷𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁𝓎

wooyoung needed to do something.

without thinking, the dark-haired boy dove off of the side of the cloud, the only thing on his mind being a will to help out the boy that he met not even a day ago.

big mistake.

wooyoung basically screamed as he plummeted down towards the sea, his mind racing in fear for not only san, but now his own life.

i'm going to fucking die, wooyoung cried in his claustrophobic mind over and over like a broken record, the words seemingly becoming hauntingly more and more like the reality he will soon have to face. he was so sure he was on the brink of death and it reflected on his composure as he curled up into a ball and squeezed his eyes tight, ready for the grim reaper to toss him onto the icy hell train with the destination set straight to six feet under the upturned earth used as the standing ground for an army of gravestones.

but then wooyoung remembered what san told him when he was teaching him how to fly.

"it's easy! you just need to think happy thoughts and they will lift you right in the air."

happy thoughts, eh?

the dark-haired boy loosened his tense body and tried to take a deep breath, his mind going straight to the very first happy thing that appeared in his brain.

it was peter san.

wooyoung didn't know why that was the first happy thing he thought of, but that boy was someone that seemed that he was usually so admirably positive, who wouldn't think of him as the happiest?

after a few seconds, the dark-haired boy slowly opened his eyes, almost gasping at the fact that his view was literally only wooden planks.

he was floating.

his nose was mere centimeters away from the wood of the pirate ship.

it worked.

he escaped death.

and it was technically san who saved him.

wooyoung slowly let himself down onto the wood, and stood up onto his own two feet, an experience that he felt he hasn't done in ages. his brown eyes wandered through the scenery.

the pirate ship was near the shore of the island of neverland, giving the dark-haired boy a clear view of the luscious and vibrant green forest on the island. the sand on the shore had an almost unnatural shininess to it, wooyoung noticing a couple of bright-colored birds playing on the sand with perfectly shaped pastel seashells. the island was beautiful.

but wooyoung didn't have much time to admire the scenery any longer, as loud yells distracted him from the work of art. he looked over in the direction of the noise, noticing that there were a bunch of pirates surrounded around something that he knew was san.

wooyoung froze.

now that he was directly at the situation at hand, he didn't know what to do. he probably looked like a deer in headlights as he stared at the ring of pirates.

but he had to do something.

for san.

once again, without thinking, the dark-haired boy ran towards the group of crew, and with all of his strength, tried to push the pirates into each other, hoping that they would all magically fall over like dominoes.

obviously, that didn't work because they were human beings, not dominoes.

one of them noticed immediately, staring down at wooyoung as if he were some inferior peasant. "who the fuck are you?"

wooyoung gulped, his mouth suddenly dryer than the sahara. "um-"

the pirate used his grubby hands to harshly grip the boy's shoulders, pulling his figure and pushing him into the center of the circle.

immediately, the dark-haired boy felt himself fall to the wood, his fear overtaking any of his remaining will to try and oppose the enemy.

"w-wooyoung?"

san.

he looked over at the boy who was kneeling right next to him, his hand clutching onto his crimson-stained shoulder in an attempt to dam the flow of the blood. concern and pain was painted all over the pink-haired boy's handsome features, his lip trembling as he worriedly eyed wooyoung up and down. "w-what are you d-doing down here? i told you to st-stay up in the clouds where it's s-safe!"

wooyoung looked down at the wooden planks, feeling too guilty to look at san himself.

he felt like a failure.

the dark-haired boy wanted to help san, yet he managed to get them both into a worse position than before. guilt seeped into his head as his heart began to hurt, doubts and insecurities about his attempt were all he could think about. he felt so pathetic, so worthless and so useless. he wanted to do something, but of course he couldn't do it.

of course, because apparently in his life he can never do anything right.

wooyoung felt disgusted with himself as he stared back up at the pirates, their figures looming over him loomed just like the dreadful sense of failure and darkness that was always there in the background of his life. he felt so low and so worthless at this moment that it seemed that even the lice in one's dirty hair would be more successful than he ever will be. he felt so low and so worthless at this moment that it seemed that even the rats crawling around trash cans searching for food would be more useful than he ever will be. he felt so fucking low and so fucking worthless at this moment that it seemed that even a crumpled piece of paper that was practically garbage would be more valuable than him because at least it can be recycled and turned into something new.

and his pathetic attempt was in vain because now, both he and san were probably going to die.

or were they?

suddenly, a bright voice came from the green of the island, the voice tinged with worry and a bit of desperation.

"peter!"

a/n not at me uploading these right now to procrastinate writing an essay 💀💀

unedited