(𝟣𝟦) 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓌𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑒 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝑜𝒹𝓈

"uh, not really, it's just... kind of sad."

san's eyes wandered like a lost traveler in a desert as he seemed to search for his next words. "i... well... i ran away from my family when i was young. why you may ask?" he laughed dryly, his voice coming out soft and shaky. "i really d-don't know."

wooyoung instinctively placed a comforting hand on the other boy's shoulder. the pink-haired boy glanced at the hand, a small smile flitting over his features for a split second before he turned his gaze to the ground.

san continued, hesitance painting his voice with shakiness. "i remember that one night, i couldn't sleep so i wandered the halls of my house, when i suddenly stopped near my parent's room. the door was closed shut, but i knew they were still awake from the light seeping from under the door and the not-so-hushed murmurs that echoed through the otherwise quiet house... i was curious, so i put my little ear up to the door and listened."

the dark-haired boy moved his hand from san's shoulder, moving it to brush a few loose pink strands that fell into san's handsome eyes. "oh? did they say something... bad?"

san sighed. "i heard them talk about what kind of man i'd be when i would grow up, and what kind of responsibilities i would take. they basically planned out my own future for me, and me, being no older than ten or eleven hated that... so i ran away."

the pink-haired boy tried to wipe a tear that started sliding down his cheek, but it was too late. the tear fell to the dirt. "i ran so h-hard, so f-fast... as far as my tiny legs could take me. i think i passed out... and i found myself here, in neverland."

san trembled slightly, but not from the cold. he looked at wooyoung directly in the eye with a longing look. "i eventually, after an amount of time that i don't know, realized m-my mistake. my p-parents were not trying to control me or anything, sure they may have w-wanted to influence what i wanted to do, b-but they only w-wanted to make sure i had a successful and f-fulfilling life. that's all. but when... w-when..."

tears were now beginning to rain from the pink-haired boy's eyes, his hands trying desperately to catch them. "...when i c-came back t-to visit my p-parents... i saw th-they h-had already f-forgotten about me. i... s-saw them there, th-through my old b-bedroom window... they already h-had another ch-child and... a-and they looked so so h-happy without m-me... at that m-moment, i just knew... i kn-knew i couldn't c-come b-back and it was all my f-fault."

wooyoung immediately scooted himself closer to the crying boy, wrapping his arms around him while whispering sweet words. "it's okay, it's okay... everything is going to be alright."

that's when wooyoung noticed something strange, yet beautiful about peter san.

in the places that his tears fell to the ground, some pretty lilac-colored flowers began to bloom. the dark-haired boy smiled slightly as he comforted san. the flowers blooming were not only pretty aesthetically, but reminded wooyoung that from pain always comes beauty, like how the people that have had the most painful pasts are usually sometimes the most beautiful people you ever meet.

san gripped onto wooyoung's chest, his tears wetting his shirt. "i t-try to hide this from everyone b-because it's k-kind of embarrassing. i b-basically ruined m-my whole life a-and it's nothing b-but m-my own fault. i t-try to d-distract m-myself, yet everything r-reminds m-me of my f-family a-and it sucks. e-even my own n-name, peter san, reminds me of th-them, as th-that is pretty much th-the only th-thing that they've g-given m-me that i st-still have... i hate th-this..."

the dark-haired boy rubbed circles on san's back in a slow tempo, trying to do nothing but comfort the other boy. he tried to come up with something to say, doing his best to tell san something to reassure him. "i... san, you don't have to blame yourself too much... if i heard my parents try to plan my future, i'd want to leave and never come back, too. in fact, my parents are trying to do that to me right now... i'm going to college soon and the only majors i've ever been interested in have all been rejected by my parents... it sucks, but... i know that they're just trying to look out for me."

wooyoung moved his hand to san's pink hair, running his fingers through the soft strands. "but i also strongly believe everything happens for a reason... neverland? maybe it needed you... maybe the lost boys, the one's you told me that you seem to care for so much, needed you to stay positive in their otherwise dark lives."

wooyoung chuckled softly. "you're like a candle in the dusk, san. i may have not known you for more than a day, yet i feel like i know you so well. you seem to care so much for others, and that's amazing. so many people just need that kind of care and love in their lives and... by the way the lost boys act around you, i can just tell that that's exactly what you give them. even to me... you barely just met me yet you make me feel so... for lack of a better word, loved."

san's river of tears has pretty much stopped flowing at this point, yet he still sat in wooyoung's embrace. "that's very kind of you, wooyoung. thank you."

the dark-haired boy smiled, chuckling once again. "see? this is exactly what, i mean! ...more or less, this kind of stuff is a long and treacherous journey of acceptance of reality, and i've... been down a rather long one myself, actually."

the pink-haired boy finally leaned out of the hug, his glittering eyes staring into wooyoung's. "really?"

wooyoung let out a sigh, shrugging.

"yeah. it was about accepting the fact that i was gay."

unedited