(𝟣𝟥) 𝓊𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓅𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝒶𝓃

why couldn't the captain just see that he was trying to look out for him?

---

wooyoung felt that the apparently amazing, breathtaking, extraordinary, remarkable, and stupefying lost boys hideout was definitely overhyped by the garrulous jongho.

the five boys and one floating dog spirit, after a short meandering escape, finally safely arrived at the hideout just as the sky began to turn orange. the base was hidden underground, the only entrance being from inside the base of an old, stout tree. the inside was illuminated by a few candles and the sunset skies seeping through tiny golfball-sized holes littering the dirt roof. the walls were as much dirt as the ceiling, the structure being held up by a couple of firm branches. the small dirt encasement was furnished with a couple of colorful rugs, two wooden tables, and a rather sizeable wooden shelf set against one of the walls that contained various odds and ends, bits and pieces of random objects from nature. the other side of the room had a broken rack that contained many weapons. lastly, on one of the walls was a makeshift doorway, curiously leading to somewhere that wooyoung did not know.

yunho set peter san down onto one of the various rugs, immediately ordering the other lost boys with a stern voice. "jongho. yeosang. one of you go get bandages, now."

the pink-haired boy raised a protesting hand. "you don't have to do that! i only got stabbed in the shoulder and i heal fast. remember? i'm practically magic-"

yunho would not budge. "still. you can't let it get infected while it's healing."

san groaned. "it's not even bleeding anymore. why can't i-"

"no."

at that moment, yeosang, who left the room at yunho's command came back in, tossing a roll of bandages towards the brown-haired lost boy. yunho expertly caught the roll with a single hand, immediately getting to work on bandaging up the almost gone wound on the disgruntled boy's shoulder.

jongho, who was still standing next to wooyoung after excitingly yapping in his ear on the whole way here, spoke once again for the millionth time that night. "it's almost dusk. you're staying with us, right?"

wooyoung shrugged. "uh, i guess so."

the lost boy grinned. "great! i'll find you a spare pillow from er... somewhere."

the dark-haired boy watched as jongho excitedly left the room, his giggles completely contrasting the amusing scene unfolding in front of him of a pouting peter san being meticulously bandaged by the careful stone-like hands of yunho.

---

as the sun went to sleep, sprinkling the dark skies with bright white stars, wooyoung found himself wide awake. he didn't know why he couldn't sleep, as his adventure to neverland started right before he was going to sleep after a long day anyways. it was rather strange, yet maybe the short yet eventful adventure he just had was the culprit for his consciousness.

wooyoung decided to leave the hideout to observe the nature outside and it was certainly a pretty sight. the moonlight gave off a wispy soft white glow that illuminated the silhouettes of the army of tall, gargantuan trees. a cool, icy breeze blew through the surroundings, causing the branches to dance to the music of the humming crickets. it was surprisingly very peaceful.

the environment was starting to allure wooyoung to drowsiness, and he almost was about to submit to the dreamworld when suddenly,

"can't sleep?"

the dark-haired boy jumped slightly, swiveling his head in the direction of the soft voice.

it was san.

wooyoung shrugged, sighing before turning back to watch the scene in front of him. "yeah. my body is really not on my side today."

the pink-haired boy laughed lightly before taking a seat next to the other boy, immediately resting his chin on his hands. "wow. neverland truly is beautiful, isn't it?"

wooyoung looked over at san, noticing that there was some sort of reminiscent glint in his eye. "yeah, it really is. this place is really something else."

san nodded as his eyes flitted around the landscape, his hand subconsciously fidgeting with the bandage on his shoulder while he hummed a quiet tune.

the dark-haired boy seemed to notice his fidgeting, gesturing towards the magical boy's bandaged shoulder. "you're still wearing the bandages, eh? i thought you said you heal fast."

san adjusted his position, turning more towards the other boy. "yeah, um... i do heal fast so i really don't need it anyways, but yunho would actually likely literally kill me if i took it off, so i'm leaving it on. that guy can get so scary."

wooyoung raised an eyebrow. "yunho honestly scares me. he's so intimidating."

the pink-haired boy chuckled. "i think everyone that first meets him thinks that, but that's far from the truth. he's the quietest and most serious of the lost boys, and he always says things rather... blunt. in reality, despite his stony facade, he really really cares about the people close to him. i feel like i could compare him to a strict mother. he cares for us like his own children sometimes. he cares for us so much that, uh this is probably an extreme example but... without a doubt i'd think he'd honestly probably sacrifice himself just for us in a heartbeat if needed."

wooyoung looked back up at the stars. "wow."

"yeah, yunho is amazing. i look up to him in that sense. the other lost boys are so so different in comparison to him. i'm sure you've noticed how jongho acts, eh?"

the dark-haired boy nodded. "oh yeah, he's really... talkative."

san looked down at the ground, now tracing shapes in the soil with a rigid finger. "yes, that's pretty much all he does," he chuckled, "if i were to describe jongho in two words it would probably be... sociable and... positive, maybe? jongho is so friendly and inclusive, and absolutely loves talking to others and making jokes. he's also very... young at heart and i'd say he's pretty much the epitome of an extrovert. he's told me once that one of his favorite things to do is to make people laugh and that is something that i like about his personality. whenever me or the other lost boys feel sad or... down or... anything like that, we could always rely on him to bring our moods up."

wooyoung shifted his attention to the trees in front of him, watching a single branch move in time to some invisible tempo. "i've certainly experienced his talkative side. he's really nice."

san laughed. "yeah, totally. the last of the lost boys, yeosang, is really different. you know those like cartoon villains that are super mischievous and do things mostly for the sake of being bad?"

"uh, yeah."

"yeosang is kind of like that, except his intentions are solely good. he loves playing pranks and doing overly violent actions for enjoyment, but... he's actually really protective. do something to someone he cares about and your head might be gone the next day."

wooyoung's eyes widened. "oh?"

san chuckled, looking away. "yeah, um, that sounded rather harsh, but it's the truth. just don't get on his bad side. hm... the lost boys are kind of like my makeshift family here, and i care about them a lot... probably even more than my real family."

the dark-haired boy was a bit taken aback by that comment, deciding to tentatively pursue a curious answer. "...really? if you're comfortable, can i... ask why?"

the pink-haired boy let out a sigh. "yeah, sure. i... i don't... i haven't told this fully to anybody really, but i think i can trust you, right? besides, it'd probably be good for me to let this all out."

wooyoung gulped, his heart rate beginning to pick up. that didn't sound very reassuring. "is it bad?"

"uh, not really, it's just... kind of sad."

a/n the next few chapters get kind of deep :( just a warning lol

unedited