5

"She seems nice" Fenrys drawled, attempting to break the silence that ensued after Eudora's departure.

It seemed to break the ice as breaths were loosened around the room along with murmured swears and praises to the cauldron. Feyre beelined to Rhysand who couldn't help but sag in her embrace. His body shook as he released an earth shattering sob. She pulled away from his bone-crushing hug held his glistened cheeks between her hands. 

Tears raced down his cheek as he let himself smile. His skin seemed to be glowing as he tilted his head upward, almost as if he was looking towards the heavens before looking back down and mirroring Feyre actions. He pulled her into his embrace as his tears continued to fall. When they separated, still in each other's arms, the inner circle moved forwards. They wrapped their arms around each other and said nothing as they took the moment in.

Amren was first to break the moment, "As lovely as this all is, there's a death god pouncing on Prythian like it's his new playground." Most of them seemed to agree with her, even the stiff looking Lucien who had separated himself from the inner circle, even going so far to move closer to Aelin. Rhysand remained in a daze as he blinked at Aelin and Fenrys before whispering "h-how?".

Aelin wanted to chuckle at the male, he looked like a lost puppy. "Same way I got here, I used a very old language to create a portal. We were lucky it was your mother, once I accidently opened a portal up to some demon world and the buggers tried to take my dog" Aelin answered as Fenrys chuckled. 

A ghost of a smile rose to Rhysand's lips before he let a small chuckle pass his lips. "I don't know if I should knock you out or kiss you for what you done. Nevertheless, I am in your debt for the priceless gift you just unintentionally bestowed on me."

Feyre doubted that was the most intelligent course of action because a devilish smirk rose to Aelin's lips as she cocked her head and watched him with a predator's assessment. "Even after I set you on fire?" she asked, her smirk growing as Rhys hissed and replied, "please don't remind me, I'm surprised you lot haven't met the contents of my stomach".

Aelin's responding grin faltered as Lucien drawled, "it would be in your best interests to prevent knowledge of your powers from reaching my father". The room turned towards the male that had barely said a word to any of them since they were in the winter court. Feyre could barely hold back her giggle as Aelin's unwavering gaze moved from Rhysand to Lucien before announcing, "it would be in your best interests to kiss my ass". 

Lucien's face reddened with a mix of fury and embarrassment as Fenrys cackled and uplifted his palm up next to Aelin before hers met his in a smooth high five. A smirk rose to Rhysand's lips before he intervened, "The other high lords need to know about the new information we have on Hybern. All the courts will need to fight together if we are to stand a chance against Hy-Hellas". 

Azriel nodded slowly before he confirmed the unspoken order, "I'll send letters organising an urgent meeting with the High Lords for tomorrow night" before he disappeared into the shadows. Fenrys whistled at what he had assumed was a neat trick as Aelin and him both seemed equally impressed the work of Azriel's shadows.

Aelin drew their attention as she asked, "So what is a High Lord? we don't have those in our world". Feyre offered they all dine together as they finally have a proper conversation. Fenrys walked behind Aelin and followed her towards the seats she deemed appropriate. Fenrys pulled her seat out for her before they both took their spots in the middle of the rectangle table opposite Rhys and Feyre. 

Rhys snapped his fingers, and all kinds of food suddenly lined the long table. Aelin didn't hesitate before reaching over to pile a mountain of food in her plate. The other's followed suit and started chatting while they ate. Cassian sat beside Rhys, Amren sat beside Cassian, Mor sat beside Feyre, and Lucien hesitated before sitting beside Mor.