6

Feyre Darling, no use in worrying. Your efforts are best used here where Cassian's trying to pick a fight with the Vanserra boy. Feyre smiled as Rhys sent the message through her open mental shields. She couldn't remember how long it had been since she last left them wide open. 

She walked back towards the others and grinned as she soaked in the moment. She ran her fingers across the walls taking it all in. She was home, with her family.  After successfully taking down the spring court, she found her way back to her friends. 

Feyre remained grinning until she walked back into the dining room and saw Lucien fuming in his seat. A pang of guilt hit her as she took in his disheveled state and realised, she hadn't even offered her friend a shower or change of clothes. But Feyre thought it was the best time to talk to Lucien so long as Aelin and Fenrys were busy.

They spent the next half an hour or so chatting with Lucien, they explained the history of Velaris and what happened between Feyre and Rhys. The discussion got heated but they thankfully came to a mutual understanding as he realised he is in a similar predicament that Rhys was in with his mate. 

Lucien was given a room and had a quick shower when Azriel returned to join them. Aelin and Fenrys found the group of fae including Lucien lazing around chatting in the living room. The female was more on edge then when she left and was viscously scratching her now red wrists. 

Mor hissed as she took in the redness that seemed to envelope her wrists before she said, "Ill find some creams for the inflammation and itchiness". Aelin merely grumbled, "I'm going to need enough for my whole body". Mor stilled but nodded before leaving them.

Feyre took in the scratches that had formed from her nails repetitive digging and didn't think twice before moving across the room and holding Aelin's wrists in front of her. Aelin jolted at first but relaxed as soon as she felt the soothing magic, she had released into Aelin. She let out an exasperated breath, her shoulders sagged in relief as she felt a cool kiss wrap around her wrists and then spread to the rest of her body. 

The visible skin from her wrists, hands and neck slowly lessened in redness before Feyre let go. Feyre nearly slumped from the exhausted magic that still had not replenished after her consumption of fae bane in the spring court. Feyre grimaced though as colour returned to Aelin's skin, as well as scars. She did not have those earlier, Feyre mulled over in her head.

How did that make any sense? The scars were healed over, much too old for her to have received in the past half an hour when she was in her room. Feyre felt more than saw shadow next to her as Azriel moved to get a better view of the situation. She looked towards him, but his gaze remained on Aelin's wrists making her noticeably irritated. 

Feyre unsubtly coughed and drew Azriel's attention away from Aelin long enough for him to return from the daze he was in. He shook his head as if coming back to reality. 

He asked softly, "do you want me to get Madja our healer?". 

Aelin flinched and took a step back when he mentioned the healer. His shadows seemed just as confused as him as they confirmed his suspicions. She had lingering trauma from healers, but why? She unintentionally backed into Fenrys and he automatically wrapped a protective arm around her front before they both turned to meet each other's gaze. 

They all watched in surprise as Fenrys blinked 3 times at her and she responded with 2 blinks. "By the cauldron, they're not even mates and they're worse than Rhys and Feyre" Cassian groaned from Amren's side on the lounge.

Aelin sighed in relief when she saw Mor return with a tub of the requested cream. Fenrys went to grab it, already unscrewing the lid. Aelin merely pointed to the zipper for her suit and asked Azriel to unzip her. He blushed and paused for a moment before fulfilling her request.