19

Rowan could swear he could hear an almost inaudible hehe come out of his deranged wife's mouth as she used her own dagger to draw blood. Aelin repeated the same process to open another portal to Caraverre but was shaking too much from excitement.

She managed to control herself for a few moments, long enough to make the wyrdmarks and look up in anticipation of her friend's arrival.

The fae in the room felt her mood shift drastically when a male scent came through the portal and a broad-shouldered silhouette appeared.

The others were in awe as a muscular version of Aelin became visible in the other world, dawning the same unique eyes and almost identical facial features.

"Fuck off Aedion!" She shouted as the male stormed through the portal, armed to the teeth.

"You go to a different world without me and invite everyone else to join?!" he asked incredulously while he waved his arms like a mad man.

Lysandra trailed behind him, rolling her eyes while she practically strutted into Prythian.

"The brute was with me when you sent the message", Lysandra raised her hands in defense when she noticed Aelin's glare.

"Territorial fae bastard", Aelin groaned.

"Fire breathing bitch queen", Tarquin choked in shock at the Blond's response, his eyes only widened further when they simultaneously offered each other vulgar gestures. It was as if someone placed a mirror in front of Aelin when they weren't looking.

She turned to Rowan and scoffed in annoyance, "I can't even escape him in another world. I've seen leeches less clingy than him."

Rowan shrugged his shoulders as if to say, your cousin = your problem.

Helion, the ever so curious scholar, seemed more eager than ever to meet them. 

"What powers do they carry?" he asked as he got up to observe them like prized mares. Lysandra proceeded to pose as if she were in a photoshoot while Aedion glared daggers at the male.

Aelin jabbed a thumb in her cousin's direction "Aedion here has the power to be a constant pain in my ass".

"Aedion here has the power to be a constant pain in my ass", Aedion mimicked in an exaggerated high pitch voice.

Lysandra snorted in amusement before moving to Aelin's side and wrapping an arm affectionately around her waist. "He is a blood sworn warrior of her court and general of Terrasan's army but he does not have powers", she elaborated knowing the two of them were busy pulling funny faces at each other.

"And you are?" Helion purred, offering her a prize-winning smile.

"Aelin's best friend", she grinned widely and rested the side of her head on the Queen's shoulder.

Aelin tightened her own arm around Lysandra's waist, "Lysandra is Lady of Caraverre and fought on the front lines of many battles. Her powers allowed her to be amongst the creatures in the sea, the aerial legions, and the soldiers on land."

"You can winnow?" Helion asked deflatedly, suspecting her to be just like others in the room.

Lysandra arched an eyebrow, unfamiliar with the term winnow but thought it was best to let her body do the talking and so it began to morph entirely. Her height increased as her body became more toned. Her skin paled slightly and her dark locks altered to resemble Aelin's blonde straight hair. The eyes that were emerald green a moment ago, met the others' shocked gazes to reveal the same turquoise and gold Ashryver eyes her husband and best friend had.