14

"I'm sure Rhysand has explained our situation and the information we came across regarding the male you call Hybern." Aelin spoke to all of them in a matter of fact tone.

"And why would we ever help you?" Tamlin growled. A few of the others seemed to agree with him, some nodding along.

"And you are?", Aelin drawled with a bored look on her face.

"Tamlin, High Lord of the Spring Court", the male puffed out his chest.

"I don't need your help, you need mine and I don't remember offering it to you." She smirked as she crossed one leg over the other.

The rest of the room appeared more confused than him. "We were told you needed help returning home and a promise of future aid", Thesan commented.

Fenrys snorted and Aelin grinned at him before explaining, "I never needed help returning home, I could leave right now if I please and a promise to return the aid is not a necessity, but merely payment for my services".

Rhysand grew tiresome as he groaned, "why bother acting like you needed help?"

She responded in all seriousness, "I wanted to know what kind of fae were around me...". She bit her lip before returning her gaze to the rest of the room, "and I will continue to do so. If you would like my aid to extend to your lands then I want to see it first." She picked at a nail casually before elaborating, "I will decide if you are worthy of my protection."

"We have fire-power in the Autumn Court, we don't need y-", Beron was cut off as the entire room was engulfed in flames. Aelin's fire wrapped around him like a second skin, but remained there unburning.

Aelin released a dry laugh before she stood from her seat, "What do you say to a little pissing contest? Right here, right now."

His face had lost all colour but Aelin's attention was drawn to the male beside him. The one that had attacked Feyre in the Winter Court. He had hidden it well but Aelin's training as a child enabled her to dawn masks much more secure than his. The male was pleased to see his father in flames. He wanted him dead.

Eris noticed her quizzical look and avoided her gaze. Before she could say anything the energy in the room shifted as a swirl of blue and red hues appeared. The swirls enlarged and extended from the floor to the roof just a few metres behind Lucien, Aelin and Fenrys' seats.

Aelin sucked her flames in and smirked at the shared gasps of air before returning to her seat.

"50 marks its Aedion, the bloke suffers from chronic FOMO", Fenrys drawled as they waited for someone to appear. "100 on the buzzard", Aelin wagered, sending a wink his way as she walked back to her seat. Aelin picked up a handful of nuts and eagerly nibbled in anticipation. She had twisted in her seat to face the portal awaiting what she thought was her mate's grand entrance.

The moment seemed to draw on forever until the room was encompassed in a dark fog, tendrils reached out and wrapped around each and every fae. A silhouette formed within the array of colours before the large male stepped into the fog.

"OH BOOOO!" Aelin's voice boomed as the magic in the room shifted.

What was previously a mix of the diverse high fae magic, now became a cloud of ancient darkness. Darkness that Rhysand recognised from the attack on Velaris. He reached out with his own darkness but their powers repulsed from one another. Despite Aelin's casualness, it seemed as if no one could breathe once the 7 foot sulking nightmare stepped into Prythian.

Lorcan couldn't look more angry if he tried. The other fae in the room seemed on edge, struggling not to quiver in their seats as his onyx eyes roamed the room, sizing them up and merely scoffed afterwards.