18

The High Lord of the Spring Court was once again taken away for healing. The other High Lords couldn't stop the foreign court as they went ham on his body. With Rowan's impenetrable hard wind shielding his wife, the other High Lords were forced to watch as she unleashed her wrath.

Well, at least that's what it looked like. Rhysand's darkness could have easily penetrated the barrier but he was enjoying it too much to put a stop to it.

Rowan tossed her a rag-like cloth from his pocket and Aelin attempted to wipe the male's blood off her. She frowned as she caught sight of the stains that lingered on the gorgeous green gown she intended to re-wear. Rhysand chuckled before snapping his fingers. Aelin gasped as the dress once again appeared spotless. She sniffed the air though, and her nostrils flared as she still scented Tamlin.

"The cleaning is merely superficial, it will still need to be washed", Rhysand explained, noting her confused expression. She nodded, impressed, "neat trick". She breezed over to her seat with Rowan trailing her. He took up the seat next to her and looked Lucien up and down.

Aelin grasped her mate's arm, "Rowan meet my friend, Lucien". Lucien stiffened as the male's expressionless gaze turned towards him but was surprised when he dipped his head slightly. To which, Lucien stiffly returned.

"I'm Cassian!", the Illyrian shouted cheerily from his seat across the room. Rowan smirked in his direction, which had Cassian elbowing Az.

"He's going to be my new best friend", he grinned as his legs bounced up and down. Az rolled his eyes while murmuring, "it's been real brother".

"Now, we should probably return our attention to the matter at hand. How are we moving forward?"

Aelin was surprised that Tarquin spoke first. She'd noticed the male often remained silent, listening intently to others but did not speak unless it was necessary.

"Trouble is brewing and the consequences will resemble the likes of the war five hundred years ago. We would be fools to pass up the opportunity to better protect our people. In saying so, I would like to formally invite her majesty to the Summer Court."

"You are a fool to invite these foreigners into your court. For all we know, she could be working with Hellas", Kallias drawled as he eyed Aelin suspiciously.

Aelin snorted before delicately lifting her gown from the floor, revealing the tattoo that now adorned her skin. Kallias' eyes widened slightly before his gaze shot to Rhys, "And we are supposed to believe you two aren't plotting against us?"

Aelin caught the look of hurt on Rhys' face before he managed to cover it up. He knew Kallias was still suspicious of his intentions after Amarantha killed that large group of Winter Court children. He couldn't blame him, Rhys himself still carried the guilt of it.

"We both chose to solidify their offer of aid", he explained robotically.

"These assholes need couples therapy", Aelin gently nudged Fenrys' wolf form to which his canines flashed in amusement.

Rowan rolled his eyes, "My queen is here in a foreign world with only a few members of her court and you have the audacity to question her motives? From what I can sense she and the purple-eyed male, each individually carry enough power to wipe you all out. If they were working against you, I would think their efforts would be better suited destroying you all rather than engaging in this bickering."

Silence followed as the others looked over Aelin and Rhysand warily.

"I would also like to take you up on your offer, your majesty", Helion announced timidly as his gaze remained fixed on Lucien, despite Lucien's obvious refusal to make eye contact. Aelin merely dipped her head in acknowledgment. Repeating the same actions when Thesan and Kallias made the same offer. The latter was a pleasant surprise, she respected the male for being cautious when matters involved the safety of his people.