12

Azriel had just been pummeling Eris when an impressed whistle sounded from the door. Aelin delightedly praised her perfect timing as she entered the meeting with the high lords. She'd almost sprinted down the hallway when she heard the commotion arise.

Lucien, looking as poised as ever, had led her and Fenrys towards the room they were gathered in. He was hesitant to accompany them at first. He had originally planned to winnow them in and part ways at the entrance but had changed his mind when they had arrived.

Lucien briefly explained the multitude of tense relationships he had with the people in the room starting with the estrangement from his family and his sudden departure from the spring court with the high lord's fiance.

He didn't offer many details and they didn't pry, they sensed he was caught up in a whirlwind of emotions. Despite their offer to walk in without him, he remained adamant that he would do what needs to be done.

Fenrys and Aelin had spent the day combing through the High Lords library after Rhys himself made the offer. He wished them luck in finding something to help them return to Erilia and promised that he would take them to a larger library that belonged to the priestesses when they returned. He and his inner circle had left far earlier than the three of them to speak privately with the other courts.

Aelin now stood in the doorway wearing a vibrant green satin gown that hugged her curves deliciously. Her hair was pinned in a loose updo with loose hairs framing her face. Her features were even more piercing than normal with a sweep of kohl on her eyes and her lips painted dark red.

Fenrys wore matching regalia, his hair in loose waves but was armed to the teeth with weapons. The two of them left no room for negotiation when she requested clothing to appropriately represent her kingdom.

"I think your shirts are in the way", Aelin's sultry smirk rose as she looked over Azriel's form that had evidently overpowered Eris.

Helion snorted, "I second that". Aelin's gaze moved to meet his as her lips twitched in amusement, "Helion, your majesty". Aelin dipped her head in acknowledgment.

Rhysand rolled his eyes as Feyre grabbed Azriel's hand and led him to the seat beside hers. Lucien coughed from his position in front of Aelin and Fenrys which drew the room's attention towards him, "may I present her majesty, Aelin Ashryver Whitehorn Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen and Faerie Queen of the West, and blood sworn warrior, Fenrys Moonbeam."

An abrupt snort sounded from across the room. The room's attention moved to Tamlin who appeared to be seething in his seat, "are you a servant now Lucien?".

Aelin's eyebrow rose in amusement but Lucien didn't have a chance to respond before Beron joined in, "I must agree, I would much rather you leave the autumn court to be emissary to the Spring Court, not to whore yourself out to a woman".

Aelin's smile only broadened before she looked the red-headed male up and down, "you wish you were my whore".

Helion with unrelenting pride mirrored her actions and drawled slowly, "I wish I was your whore".

Aelin sent a wink his way before turning to Lucien, "I don't know what you were on about, Helion's great".

Lucien just furrowed their eyebrows and cocked his head in confusion, "I never brought up Helion"

It seemed they were all confused as Aelin frowned before whispering, "you said you and Helion were estranged".

Lucien's eyes bulged before he responded slowly as if she was too slow to understand, "no, I said I was estranged from my father and brothers". Aelin couldn't help the cackle that came out of her when he offered a pointed look at the red-headed male that had now risen out of his seat.

She clasped his shoulder, "sweetie I really doubt I am breaking bad news but that is not your father."

It seems that the others were attempting to eavesdrop on their conversation as Beron rudely interrupted. Aelin merely folded her arms and popped her hip as Beron began yelling, "do not speak such nonsense! This is why women are only invited as a courtesy. You must know your place, this is a meeting for the High Lords!"

Aelin simply scrunched her eyebrows and turned towards Fenrys who she knew would have been able to hear their conversation from his place beside her. He mirrored her expression as she thought out loud and mumbled "I know I'm not crazy", to which Cassian snorted. 

She cocked her head in Beron's direction and Fenrys seemed to understand as they both simultaneously walked towards Beron.

Beron froze as the two of them halted a hair's breadth away from him and simultaneously took a big sniff of the High Lord. Beron's face became alarmingly red as he gaped at the two fae whose only reaction to his scent resembled how one might react to drinking sour milk.

The two of them continued towards his wife and sons before moving across to a stiff-looking Helion. Aelin saw the dread in his eyes as they strode towards him but they continued to sniff the final contestant on Maury's latest 'you are not the father' segment.

Aelin appeared contemplative as she confirmed what she already knew. One look at Fenrys and she knew he'd also come to the same conclusion.

She remembered their new bond and aimed to take full advantage of their new resource.

FENRYS!

What in the Gods?

Oh, this is sick

Rowan's going to be so jealous

Like he already wasn't?

Can't blame the guy, can we?

Wait!, stay focused brain. So like... should we make this fun? Or should we cut them a break?

I think we should cut them a break, the old ranga seems as if steam is gonna burst out of his ears and the sexy one in the golden cuffs is probably gonna piss himself any second now.

I guess if you think it's a bad idea then that's saying a lot in itself

Aelin, I'm kidding. Step on them.

Her answering smirk made him so giddy he was bouncing from one leg to the other.

A/N

I could not write a fic without dropping that ball lol

Inspo for Aelin's look comes from the gem of a movie Burlesque, when Christina sings my favourite song bound to you. Very fitting for my honey buns OTP, Rowaelin. 

QOTD: elucien, elriel or gwynriel?

I personally ship Elriel and wish it were endgame but I don't think it will be. 

Please remember to:

- vote

- comment 

- add to your library