21

"Is that the fucking Cauldron?!" Cassian yelled as he jumped out of his seat.

"Oh this little thing? It's just a replica we made in a ceramics class downtown" Aelin groaned as she and Fenrys struggled to put it down delicately.

Lucien unceremoniously chose that moment to walk in. Aelin watched in amusement as he stilled in shock, then closed his eyes and counted to ten. When he was done he took a deep breath and peaked his metal eye open, "By the Cauldron, this is real?! I was only gone for a few hours!"

The volume of his voice jolted Fenrys and the others hissed as he dropped his side of the Cauldron a bit too roughly.

"Who let these two go unsupervised?" Rowan clicked his tongue as he cooly directed the question towards Aedion, Lysandra and Dorian. He remained seated but squinted his eyes as he rubbed his temples vigorously.

Lysandra snorted in amusement, "sorry, next time I'll send Aedion to chaperone". She gestured to said male who had already made his way to the Cauldron and was about to touch it before Aelin smacked his hand, "No touchy, it's a gift for Emrys".

Aedion murmured some colourful words under his breath before taking up a seat on the sofa.

"You should've seen Hellas' face" Fenrys cackled, hunched over his knees in hysterics. Rhys smirked in amusement before the King of Adarlan's frustration drew their attention.

"Dammit guys you broke Azriel'', Dorian groaned when he noticed the male hadn't moved or showed any emotion since they had arrived. He softly grabbed the male's forearm and guided him to take the nearest seat.

Aelin ignored them, still running on the adrenaline of the grab. "You guys needed to be there!", she shouted excitedly before a light bulb went off in Fenrys' head, "Rhys! Hop in my head and show them his face!".

The side of Rhys' lip twitched and after a moment, collective laughter and groans were heard across the room as Rhys projected the image into all of their minds.

At this point, Cassian and Aelin were both in hysterics, high fiving and red faced as they struggled to breathe through their fits of laughter.

"Fucking legends these two", Cassian high fived Aelin and Fenrys before dramatically wiping a tear away.

"Well done girl", Amren smirked as she and Manon raised their glasses of blood in cheers.

"Do you have a pantry that it can fit in?" Lysandra asked as she stared wide eyed at the mass of the Cauldron.

"No, we don't not have a pa-. Nevermind that, we can't keep it here!" Feyre groaned, throwing her arms in the air.

"Can't Hellas track it's magic? He's probably on his way to Velaris with an army!", Feyre continued, allowing the panic to surface. She had grown accustomed to donning masks since she first entered the Night Court but even she couldn't maintain a mask of calmness around Aelin and Fenrys.

"Don't get your panties in a twist your holy magnanimous, I have a solution for that", Aelin rolled her eyes before slicing her arm again and creating yet another portal.

"You've gotten pretty good at those," Lysandra mused appreciatively.

"I know right, I almost don't want to walk anywhere anymore" Aelin dusted non-existent dust off her shoulder.

Red and blue swirls began to swirl together on the wall in front of them to reveal a slender woman with shoulder length black hair and olive skin seated in a dining room. Her arm stilled before she placed her mug down gently. Her midnight eyes were lined with Kohl and lifted from the documents in front of her to meet their gazes.

"Why if it isn't my favourite Queen?" she smirked as she turned in her seat to face them directly.

"Well if it isn't my favourite Empress?" Aelin smirked back.

"To what do I owe this weird pleasure?" Nesryn responded, raising an eyebrow towards the large group of strangers present, who might I add, looked more confused than she did.

"Me and Rowan wanted to personally deliver our wedding gift for you and Sartaq '', Aelin grinned as she struggled to push the Cauldron forward. Rowan rolled his eyes so far back Nesryn was surprised they didn't get stuck there.

"You're two years late Aelin and I don't remember putting a big ass pot on my registry", Nesryn snorted.

Dorian rolled his eyes and interrupted before Aelin continued to sprout more bullshit, "Nesryn we need to keep it with you for the time being."

Aelin leaned on the Cauldron as she drawled, "we're doing hero shit in another world and need you to babysit it."

Nesyrn scrunched her eyebrows before she shook her head, "whatever, just put it in the corner so it's out of the way".

The Empress's attention returned to the documents as she continued to sip on her coffee.

"My kind of woman", Aelin grinned before she and Fenrys lugged the thing over the portal and pushed it into the corner of her dining room.

Fenrys stood in front of it and cocked his head as he looked it over, "I think it really livens up the place, don't you?"

"Get out of my house or I'll let the ruk's shit in that thing", Nesryn shouted.

The two of them snickered as they made their way out and into the portal. "Thanks Nesryn!" Aelin shouted before the portal closed.

"Aelin, do any of your friends have normal jobs?!" Feyre asked exaggeratedly.

"Oddly enough, we met in a sewer when we were still nobodies"

A/N

I know its an early update but this week's chapter is really short so I thought this would make up for it. I promise a lot is happening in the next few chapters which means we will not have this problem again lol

Shout out to Alica4598Kitty_Kat0109 and ACourtofFire for all the positive comments on the last update. Anddd a special thank you to jasmensardenette, you truly are a sweet heart. I hope you have people in your corner uplifting you, like you do for me ❤

On another note, I had to include Nesryn who is probs the most underrated baddie there is

- No regrets

Until next time, take care lovelies ❤❤❤