Chapter 1 - Meet Valerie & Lily Martinez

(Edited) ~(•-•)~ 

My long brown hair flowed in the wind as my sister, Lily, dragged me by the arm and into the bus.

"Come on Val!" Lily says, as she pulls my arm, "We are going to miss our bus!"

"Lily! Stop running! I'm tired!" I said. I had just come off my high school bus and I am super tired.

Lily looked at me and sighed, "Valerie, you are SO lazy."

"Am not!" I tell her, sticking my tougue out at her playfully.

"COME ON!" She yells, pulling my arm harder, "We are going to miss our bus! Pick up the pace Val!"

I sigh and run a little bit faster just in time to get on our bus. As the bus pulls away, I get a text message. I pull out my phone to see who it is.

Valerie, our plane has been delayed. Please take care of your sister! Love you! - Mom

Just great! I thought, What should I do to entertain her?

I look over at Lily, "Um Lily?"

"Yeah?" Lily has been so excited to see mom and dad. They haven't been home in a month. Mostly because they've traveling a lot. I don't know how to tell her.

"I, ummm, just received a text from mom and..."

Lily cuts me off, "You did?! How are they? Tell them I miss them!"

"Lily. She told me that their plane has been delayed. It's going to be late."

Lily's face fell, "It is?"

"Yeah. They might not be back til about maybe 5 in the morning."

She nods sadly and stares out the window. The bus stops at our stop. We sadly hop off the bus and walk home, neither of us say a word. I unlock the door and our dog, Luna, greets us.

"Hi Luna!" I say as Luna licks my face. Lily immediately runs into her room and slams the door.

I need to cheer her up somehow.

_____________

Heyy! Welcome to the world of Valerie and Lily Martinez! I'm so glad that you're here! I'm super excited to be taking you on this journey and I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I love writing it! Sorry if this sucks. This is my first book on Wattpad. :) 

-DisnerdFangirl