Chapter 20 - A Solution And A Goodbye

I lay on the couch with Mochi on my lap as we both watch a random show on TV. Well, Mochi is sleeping and I'm more focused on this seed that I found two days ago.

The sunlight reflects it's white shell beautifully and it's very smooth.

I feel as if I've seen it before but where?

I start to rack my brain for where I've seen it but I find nothing. I groan, wondering why my mind can't find the information. I'm usually good at this.

As I'm trying to figure out where I've seen the bean, Mochi wakes up and stares at the bean in my hand. He starts to play with it by playfully pawing at it.

"No Mochi. This isn't for you." I say, gently pushing him away from my hand.

As I do so, his claws scratch the bean and sparks fly. I gasp and sit up as the sparks land on my shirt. Mochi hisses and scrambles off my lap and scurries to the brothers' room.

The sparks swirl around me and I'm suddenly lifted up into the air, a small portal in the ceiling.

Wait, a small portal?

I mentally cheer at the fact that I found a seed for a portal but I facepalm at the fact that I don't know how to use it. 

My leg goes into the portal and I'm suddenly stuck. I huff and try to pull myself out but it's no use. I would call for Hiro or Tadashi but they're out with the gang. I call for Cass.

She quickly walks up to the living room and calls my name, looking around for me.

"Up here!" 

Cass looks up and her eyes widen in terror, "What happened?" 

"Call Tadashi or Hiro. Tell them to bring the gang. I think found a way back home." 

She nods, "But how do I get you down?"

I shrug, my brown hair falling in my face, "Try with a broom."

Cass chuckles, her phone at her ear, "Like a cat?"

"Yup."

********

I rub my leg as Baymax attends to it. I watch as Honey Lemon plays around with the bean I found, her squeals can be heard throughout the garage.

"Try to move it around."

I do so, grimacing at the slight pain.

"Keep doing that. It will restore the blood flow back to your leg." The cuddly robot tells me as he lifts me up on my feet.

I nod and Baymax helps me over to Honey Lemon and the gang.

"What's up with the bean?" I ask, siting between Fred and Tadashi.

"It's so odd. When I break a piece of it off, a small portal is created."

I nod, "Then stop breaking it. I need to crush it to create a big enough portal to get home..... Would that work?"

She nods, "It should. All the tests I've done confirm that."